Applause for Gracy Rose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applause for Gracy Rose!

I had this messy little Pomeranian in today, hadn't been touched in three months. I usually try to brush him out when he's soaking in conditioner, but today I remembered something I had learned at Kristen Fulton's class "grooming the wet dog." I blasted him with the HV while he was still wet and slippery, and the hair shot out and stuck to my tub. I rinsed and dried him, and I just had to run the brush over him real quick with the stand dryer. All the hair was stuck in the tub, it wasn't all wrapped-up in the wire cage bank. Much less mess to clean up, no elbow grease, better results.

I'm sure this isn't a new concept to many of you, but for me, learning something new at a class and then seeing it actually work for you is VERY exciting! Kristen is so stinkin' funny, if for some bizarre reason you don't learn ANYTHING new at her class, her entertaining presentation will have made it worth your while.

THANKS AGAIN, KRISTEN! You rock, toots.
    Jacob

I love her classes! She is such an engaging speaker, and full of ideas!

Comment

Thank you Jacob!!! I love teaching seminars, I do get a little blunt sometimes and make some "smart a$$" comments but I love speaking.

Pink, thank you!

K

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
        Thank you Jacob!!! I love teaching seminars, I do get a little blunt sometimes and make some "smart a$$" comments but I love speaking.

Pink, thank you!

K
        "If you liked the class, my name is Kristen Fulton, and if you didn't like the class, my name is Jacob Hajda."

Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
          . . . I do get a little blunt sometimes and make some "smart a$$" comments but I love speaking.

K
          I thought you only made that kind of comments to "Bengals fans".

Comment

OK, all you engaging and funny people, ,....what t'ell is going wrong (so very, very WRONG!)
            when I've tried that?
            Lemme see if I can attach a pic of my tub set-up...it's "to the ceiling" walls, and the dog as well as yours truly end up choking in the "misty stuff".
            I have Metro AF-3s and a Master Blaster....and would love to pull this off, as the Sibes are all right on the verge of their seasonal explosion.
            Are my HVs too strong or something?
            Attached Files
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Sibes it looks like you rtub is to enclosed, mine i shalf walls and it does help the shep hair fly elsewhere, I do have to clean my glasses after, looks like you are in whirlwind of sibe fur !
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Sibes-

The secret is conditioner, lots and lots of conditioner. Conditioner adds a lot of weight to the hair so it doesn't fly everywhere and doesn't liquidfy as easy as shampoo when you hit it with a HV.

Comment

Mmmm

Help me out here. You are all talking about the concept of washing the dog, then conditioning it (a double coated whatever that is shedding, etc). With the conditioner on, you HV it. And this does what exactly? Gets more hair off? Keeps the hair from flying around the room? Both?

If so, I'm so gonna try this!!!!!!

Comment

Chicky,

Yes, it does both. The whole purpose is to reduce "elbow grease" when deshedding. Bathe normally the coat with conditioner- while conditioner is one use you HV to move the conditioner all around the coat and loosen any packed areas. The back of your tub with look like a St.Bernard was splattered, then rinse, rinse, rinse. You can take a paper towel to wipe the hair off of the walls so not to clog your drain. Dry as normal, this will help you to use your products and let them do the work for you instead of you have to do everything.

Comment

I miss being able to do this, I think my new boss would have a heart attack lol. I will 3rd that it works great!

Comment

Haha...I just had a 2 yr old GSD, never been groomed before. Shedding like a sibe! No lie. I blew her out before the bath (I really don't recommend this usually but she was absolutely awfully shedding. I had a mask and goggles and the grooming room completely closed off.) Then, I slathered on Nature's Specialties EZ Shed and blew her out again. Rinsed her, towel dried really well, hit her with The Stuff, and double blew her! And still had to furminate her for about a half hour before I was pleased with the results. Blew her a little bit again after stirring all the hair up. The room was COVERED in hair! But the parents were ecstatic....it really, really works! It hurts to think about the work I would've had to do without trying it.
                        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

question

Does the conditioner need to be put right on the dog? I'm thinking that using conditioner with the hydrosurge probably doesn't put the conditioner on heavy enough... I'm looking forward to using this method!

Comment

I have to admit; this is something I've never heard of and can guarantee I will be doing this the next time I get a shedding dog in...TOMORROW!
                            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Thanks Kristen. Guess I've always been a little reluctant to use heavy conditioners on the Sibes, but as blowing=no showing...this is as good a time to try it again as any.
                              I have a flock of Shelties coming in over the next few weeks as well...so maybe they can be my lil guinea dogs. Here's to splat, splat, splat on the tub walls,......(hopefully)
                              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X