What blade under snap on combs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What blade under snap on combs?

I haven't used my plastic snap on combs in years but my Wahl SS 0 comb broke and I have to use the plastic but can't remeber if it is the #40 blade that goes under the Laube or Oster plastic snap ons.

I used a #40 under my Laubes. I have the whole set and use them maybe 5 times a year now, lol. They can also use a #30, #15, or #10, if you so choose.
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Never a 40. Use a 30 or if you don't have one a 10 or 15

Comment

I use #40 - but you can also use the #30.

Comment

NOOOOO! Not #40

A #30 or a #15. I use a #30 currently. A #40 with Wahl will chip immediately. Plastic combs can take a #40 however The Wahls are so much better and never ping off leaving you with a shaved spot like plastics have done.

Added comment. Today I had a time getting two Wahls that were stuck together, apart. I need to put them back in their slots and not toss them in the cabinet. They were the kelly green and the lavender ones; blades stuck together.
          Last edited by Jenneversage64; 03-12-10, 09:18 PM. Reason: Added more clearity.

Comment

Unlike the SS combs, you can use a 40 with the plastic combs-or a 30 or a 15 or 10. The 40 is best. I hate it when my SS combs break and I have to go back to the plastic ones.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LexPauline View Post
              Never a 40. Use a 30 or if you don't have one a 10 or 15
              I disagree. A 10 or 15 will stretch the springs on a plastic snap on, and then they pop off when you least expect it.

A 40 is OK with a plastic, but never a metal, as the metal combs are known to break teeth. A 30 will give you a better finish, though, because the spacing of the teeth feeds the hair into the cutter better.

Comment

According to Melissa Verplank

On her videos she prefers to use a 40 on the plastic ones, but a 30 on the metal ones. She says that if you use a 40 on the metals ones it will break the teeth. However, unless you are using the new Laube plastic combs I would be careful using a 40 under a plastic comb because it could come off. The new Laube plastic combs have the side rails like the Wahl SS ones.

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.

Comment

Funny! Haven't had a problem with a #40 blade in 20 years under a laube snap-on plastic comb!

Comment

Yeah, but according to Marlene Romani, who invented the dang things, you should use a 30.

Comment

In the case of matts

Originally posted by OntarioMama View Post
                      Funny! Haven't had a problem with a #40 blade in 20 years under a laube snap-on plastic comb!
                      I've always been told to be careful with the plastic ones because they can come off, especially if you run into a matt or something.

Comment

When I first got the SS combs I put the 40 under it and went throgh 3 40 blade instantly as it ripped the teeth off . I did have the occassion when the plastic s/o popped off and made a racing stripe which is why I switched to the Wahl SS. Cood I have tons of 30's and that's what I use for the metal so it will be easier to just switch combs without switching blades

Comment

For plastic combs its best to chose by the type coat your working on. you can use 40,30,15,10 SS you cannot use a 40 at all , they will destroy your blade recommended blade is a 30 for best results.

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
                            For plastic combs its best to chose by the type coat your working on. you can use 40,30,15,10 SS you cannot use a 40 at all , they will destroy your blade recommended blade is a 30 for best results.
                            Hmmm I never heard to choose one based on coat type before. In this case it is a Maltese.

So what blades to you use for what coat types?

Comment

I used a #40 under the plastic ones. Sorry your SS one broke! ;(

Comment

Working...
                              X