I did'ntlaugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did'ntlaugh!

Lady calls at 3;30 this afternoon and asked if itwas to late to bring in a boxerxpyrenees ! Actualy kept my composure and booked for next week, I have a bad habit of giggling when this happens, this was after a lady wanted a shepherd lab x groomed after 4:00, I close at 6:00and refuse to rush the booked dogs, at least I did'nt laugh , for once.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Originally posted by odette View Post
    Lady calls at 3;30 this afternoon and asked if itwas to late to bring in a boxerxpyrenees ! Actualy kept my composure and booked for next week, I have a bad habit of giggling when this happens, this was after a lady wanted a shepherd lab x groomed after 4:00, I close at 6:00and refuse to rush the booked dogs, at least I did'nt laugh , for once.
    Oh, I would have booked the dog. But I also would have made sure to tell her I'd be happy to groom the dog, but if it's not done by 6:00, when I close, there's an additional after-hours fee of $200 on top of the regular groom price.

Sure, I'll stay late, if you make it worth my time.

Comment

I have to bite my tongue every now and then when I get those calls. My favorite one was a lady who called on Saturday at 5:00 needing her dog to be groomed right now because she had forgotten her appointment that day with her regular groomer and she has people coming over. I politely told her that I was closing but could happily get her in but since it was an after hours appointment there would be an extra charge of $150 dollars over the regular price. Surprise she didn't take it. Of course i have had someone take me up on this once, I really didn't want to stay but no way I was passing up that kind of money.
      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

had a guy do the same thing to me yesterday, walks in with his huge dog and says so & so sent me and I need my dog groomed. Ok, I said what day would you like to schedule it for, looking at me dumbfounded he says well now, haha. When I tell him we only work by appointment he gets upset and says no, she has to be done today and walks out. My bather who was standing there knowing I could have stuck him in looked at me as if to ask why not? I told her I don't want those clients. If you start them like that they will always be like that. I have broken most all my clients except for one who likes to call at the last minute and is always late. Last time he lost his appointment. Our time is too valuble for people like that, and it doesn't make for a loyal and respectful client.

Comment

Working...
        X