Going for my Interview Tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for my Interview Tomorrow...

and I'm nervous! Some of you may know I opened my own business this past November and business has been slower to book up so I am interviewing for a grooming position part time until things pick up. I have never actually interview for a grooming position (last place I worked for someone was a PetSomething and they trained me), so I'm worried I won't perform well under pressure lol. Any advice, tips etc? I'm worried my nerves may affect the dog.
    My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Make SURE you tell them you have your own business that is your priority, some owners might feel threatened and it's best not to keep that bit of info from them.

I COULD get all after school special on you and tell you to be yourself, but just let your groomin' do the talkin'.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement! They do know that I own my own business and they are located a little over an hour away so they have no problem with it.
      My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Try to geta good nights sleep, we all do better well rested, easier said than done when nervous, dress for the job and stand straight, dazzle the h2#$ out of em and come back to tell us you got the job! oh-oh and then a mikes on Sibes ! lol
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

You'll do just fine! Remember....you already know what you're capable of. Be confident in your abilities and the rest will fall into place!

/fingers crossed
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Thank You All for the Encouragement!

I got the job!!!! As an employee and they are paying for me to go to seminars!!!! I'm so excited. I start on Thursday.

Comment

Congrats!! WE knew you could do it, now enjoy the journey, the first step is the hardest and you did it.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Yay That's great.

Comment

Way to go. So, give us some details about the interview....inquiring minds want to know.
                  "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Crazy View Post
                    So, give us some details about the interview....inquiring minds want to know.
                    I ended up spending over 5 hours there just hanging out and getting to know everyone. They were very impressed with my knowledge and professionalism (boy have they had some crazy groomers!), and basically gave me the job before they even watched me groom! Please note I sent them a portfolio so they had already seen my work, but I did groom a Doodle (mostly just a trim up) for them. I insisted on showing them my hand scissoring skills (they've had groomer lie before) so I am bringing in Zeke to work with me on Thursday to show them. They have another groomer who contracts their space out and she watched me more than they did and said they'd be crazy not to hire me lol! That same groomer (Monica) is going to help me with my first competition at the All American since she has 30 years of experience and has competed for 10 of those years. I am so amazed at the opportunity presented here and I can't believe other groomers haven't jumped all over this! Nicole (the owner) is paying for me to go to the All American and HH Backer Shows, and we're talking about going to Hershey together too! I love this lady already, love the environment and LOVE the perks! Oh did I mention that since they're still building up clientele for grooming they are paying me 50% commission or hourly which ever is higher?! I think I died and went to job heaven.
                    Last edited by itsgot2bme; 03-09-10, 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling grammar etc

Comment

Toldja so! Congratulations!
                      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

ooo congratiulations!!!!

Comment

YAAYYYYYYYYYY Very exciting. I'm looking forward to hearing about your first day.
                          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                          X