A big thanks to RevWind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thanks to RevWind!

As you may or may not know, when Rev is not grooming, she is making and eating candy.

I contacted her several weeks back for some help after I was put in charge of acquiring a Birthday cake to be presented to my co-owner at our Specialty over the past weekend.

It was to serve 60 to 70 folks, and I gave serious thought to just icing 75 cupcakes in a big, attractive glob, and sticking those "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" candies from the grocery store on said Birthdaycakeglob. Figured it would get me off the hook in the future for culinary obligations.

However...with Rev's wonderful and patient guidance and skills....I was able to pull something together that was a tad bit more fitting for the occasion.

She tediously handmade and painted multiple white chocolate huskies, and mint flavored pawprints....which I then took to my neighbor, who decorates cakes, and viola....
    a 15 pound Sibe Themed Cake.

It was a big hit at the show, and I just wanted to share it w/ you guys!

Thanks Rev...for really coming thru!

(I hope the pics come thru...I forgot everything changed, and may have to try again!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4Sibes; 03-08-10, 07:52 AM.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

How beautiful

Now Rev Wind can make different dog breeds in candy and be a real big hit? It must have been fun presenting that 4 sibes. Only now you will be stuck for every event like that.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

OMGOORSH!!!! I love it! That is phenomenal! WOW!!
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Wowsers! That cake is a work of art! I'd be inclined to lacquer it and display it in the sibe hall of fame instead of eating it. Oh,who am I kidding,yummy cake never stays whole more than 2 minutes around me.
        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
        Quote:Cath

Comment

That's wonderful!! Tried my hand at cake decorating once...I should just stick to grooming.

Comment

So creative and pretty! Great job!

Comment

That is so nice! It would be so hard to eat such a pretty cake!

Comment

Gorgeous! Now why do some people get all the talent?
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

How cute is that? what a great job!! how'd it taste? how'd it taste? how'd it taste?

Comment

That is VERY CUTE!!! You must have been so proud presenting that cake (and eating it! YUMMMMO).

Comment

Wow, I'm always so jealous of others talents! Maybe Rev can make me a green with jealousy cake? Hehe.
                      Very cool and best part is I bet it got all eaten up and no need to use your garbage disposal Bernie, which is always a plus for you! LOL

Comment

Cute! Was that for Chicken Debby?
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

That is one beautiful cake!!!!
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

WOW!! Fabulous!!

Holy WOWabunga!!

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
                              That is VERY CUTE!!! You must have been so proud presenting that cake.
                              Not to detract from the appreciative and celebratory spirit of this thread......
                              Last edited by 4Sibes; 06-06-10, 06:18 AM. Reason: hurt feelings resulted in a vent :)
                              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X