atlanta pet fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atlanta pet fair

I got to go to the trade show for 1 hour yesterday! My friend agreed to watch my toddler for six hours so I could get the 1 hr of trade show shopping! (It's a 2.5 hr drive one way.) So I picked up some Davis specials, Show Season Naturals, and Best Shot (?) . What did you get? Which seminar was your favorite?

I ran a booth, but when I found some booth sitting I grabbed some new grooming clothes. I know stylist wear is not always the best quality, but yo can't beat the price. My favorite was Kim Laube as Elvis!

Comment

I loved Daryl's classes, all the kitty classes, and Donna from Southbark's classes. She had a great idea for washing collars for a charge and calling it a blueberry collar scrub! I think that's a great idea. I also bought some new things, like that "monkey cord" to keep my clipper from tangling up and some happy feet insoles which are AMAZING! Picked up a 5000mL PEK conditioner from Iv San Bernard, don't ask how much that cost me!
      Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Please keep the stories coming,,,I dinnint get to go and I missed it so much....
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I had a great time and stocked up on EVERYTHINGGGGGG. I even got out and danced Friday night at the party. I love these events...

Comment

I did some serious damage to my credit card. LOL

Purchased a hanvey ivac, laube vacuum brush and comb attachments for it, wahl stainless steel snap-on combs, tons of new blades on special, dozen of the Super Styling Sessions DVD's (buy 1 get 1 free), a few Jodi Murphy DVD's that I didn't have yet and a great $500 Geib thinner. Gulp. Don't want to see my credit card statement when it comes in.

Comment

I went, had a blast!! Spent way too much money but had a ball shopping and going to the seminars. I got shampoos from Davis and Southbark, got a new Edemco dryer, a new Andes 5 speed clipper, got the new 4 1/2 and 6 blades from Andes (cant wait to try them!) a rake & vac attachment from Marlene Romani, and replaced a couple of Wahl SS combs that were worn out. Also got some new anti-fatigue mats for my van-tried them out today and boy! do they feel nice and cushy!!

The best seminar I saw was a toss up between Kim Snell's Anatomy of Grooming and the How to groom the Belligerent Dog session (forgot the speakers name). Although Tish did a great job on the Mobile Tips & Tricks session.

Comment

I went Saturday, got to meet Chuck!! Who knew he had a ponytail down to his butt,,,, he gave me a free loop & I finally got to see his groomers helper. Gonna be saving my pennies for that. Bought a bunch of Show Season samples, can't wait to try them. Got to watch a lady do a Bichon head, very cool and very helpfull. Saw 2 of Catgroomers cats, at her school booth, totally amazing!!! Watched some of the afternoon comp, then ran out of steam and headed home. Maybe next year I can afford to go for a few days and take some classes. Sorry I didn't get to meet lots of the pg people,, there where soooooooooooo many people & vendors at the show, I kinda went into a ADD mode, so much to see, so little time,,lmao.

Comment

APF

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
                  Bought a bunch of Show Season samples, can't wait to try them. .
                  I bought the same and i tried the apricot and chamomile and the one for white dogs. OMG I love them!!!!! They smell so good and the white poodle that I used the white dog shampoo on turned out beautiful. He looked like he had been rolling in newspaper but it all came out and he was gorgeous. I love trying new lines. I had not used any of the show season till now but so far I am in love. Oh I bought some stazko to and love it as well smells amazing!!!!! I love going to the pet fair!!!!!

Comment

never go 4 only 1 day...

We drove 4 hrs there spent 5 hrs then drove 4 hours home on saturday. We were exhausted, and did not even get all of the things we intended to get because i had forgotten the vendors would close at 5:30 but oh well we had fun anyways, i bought a top and capri pants from the Jodi Murphy line and love, love, love them, the most comfortable grooming pants i've ever had on and the top is a cute style, i will be buying more as soon as she gets them on her website....Also got to meet "WetNose" and bought her book, should have listened to her advice, she kept telling me i didn't need a large in top or pants but i tried on pants and thought i did, but after wearing them all day today i think i could have worn a medium, thanks for the compliments WetNose! Also go a new brand of ear cleaner by Epi Soothe (i think) and really like it and lots of other staples that i normally stock up on.

Comment

Tips?!

Hershey is so far away! I always have withdrawls for months before and wish I could have went to Atlanta.

You all keep saying you picked up great tips, care to share those? Sometimes, those little tips make the money for the seminars SO worth it!

Comment

Had a BLAST!!

Didn't get to meet too many people from here - I am the shy one! Learned A LOT! I went for 3 days, and that wasn't even enough. It was like a kid going to a HUGE toystore, with a candy store in the middle!! Loved catgroomer's seminars - have already put some tips to use in torturing my kitties (or so they think!) and LOVED her version of Carrie Underwood's grooming salon!! I didn't even get to some of the evening stuff. It was non-stop during the day and I am still in recovery. I over spent as well, but I got some great deals for my tool kit for school (including an AWESOME deal on shears), plus some stuff for when I open my shop as well! Learned a lot about shears and how to fit them, what to look for. Smelled so much yummy shampoos, I don't know even where to start in choosing when I open. (Tried some samples on my kitties - WOW, one now smells like grapefruit, the other like raspberry. I like it, but they are not amused. I am sure I will pay for it tonight when they demolish the house!!) Can't wait until next year

Comment

I had a great time. I liked all the management seminars. Anatomy of grooming was great, so great that I bid on the pair of shark fin shears at the groom team auction and got those babies for $100 off normal price. Hope they help. Also, won an oster trimmer in Chris Pawloski's class and then hubby won a little clipper in the first timer drawing. My trunk was packed full when I left and I can't believe I spent that much money..Oh well, Atlanta only comes once a year right!!!

Comment

Had a Blast and a half!

From Wednesday morning till Sunday evening I only got something like 11 hours sleep LOL We left at 12:30 a.m. to drive the 8+ hours there (only had 1 1/2 hours of sleep before leaving, I was just to excited LOL), got there enjoy the day Friday, and the Kenchii Party until it closed LOL Then I was up for a 8:30 seminar (got up at 7:00) then stayed up till 1:00 that night. We got up at 5:00 the next morning for the 8+ hours drive home. Wooooo Hoooo I still haven't recovered LOL

Went to Clipper Art 1 & 2 Seminars, Practical Grooming Tips and was supposed to go to Grooming To Breed Standard seminar, but it had been canceled =/ (reason unknown)

Bought the little Kenchii razor tool, other than that I got my supplies from Blue Berry and Show Season, some Natural Specialties product, Miracle Air, Wet Noze's Book on Mobile Grooming and ended up buying the Practical Grooming Tips Book, Jodi Murphy's DVD "Fragile" on handling techniques.....ummm I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting LOL Went to the PG dinner and enjoyed meeting and spending time with board member. Enjoyed watching competitions when I could and so on..... LOL
                            "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

I went to the Atlanta Pet Fair, but I really turned this into a much needed mini vacation. The drive from PA was about 12 1/2 hours, not including stops. But it was worth it! I enjoyed the trade show on Friday after we got to the show. Got some needed supplies and just shlepped around. I enjoyed watching some of the grooming competitions. Went to the Friday night party for a bit. Saturday was sightseeing day. Went to the Georgia Aquarium (if you've never been...GO!! It's incredible!) Walked around Centennial Olympic Park and took a carriage ride in Downtown Atlanta. Our carriage driver was a riot and even sang for us. Sunday morning I did some additional shopping at the trade show but than we left and went to the Kobalt 500 at Atlanta Motors Speedway. What a blast that was!!! Can't wait to see my next Nascar race!! What a great weekend. Hope to go back again, but maybe with a few more days off so I can spend more time at the trade show plus do sightseeing again. :-)

Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X