• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Particentral
    Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
    • Sep 2007

Daughter Update

She is home, in an awful lot of pain and sleeping much of the time. Its good to be back in my own house....she has 7 plates, close to 15 screws, and wires in her mouth and jaw. She only lost ONE tooth, which to me is amazing....she has a broken bone in her back which is causing the most problem for her painwise. BUT she is able to walk some. They want to take out the wires in 10 days along with some of the set screws, but will know more when we see the surgeon again in a week. Saw the CTS and the reduction (repair) was done really well, and everything lined up perfectly!

I have to go to work tomorrow, and it is SO GOOD to have a hubby that is fully retired! He can stay here with her. Her dad is in AZ, also retired, and has not called for 3 days and never once offered to come out to help....there is a reason he is my ex.

Thanks for everything you guys did and keep the prayers and thoughts coming cause shes gonna need them for a while!
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
  • neanea
    Champion Member & Club 1,000
    • Jan 2007

Debi,

I fell her PAIN!!!! I was involved in a terrible accident in 96 and it broke my jaw in two places (condyle neck and center of lower mandible), lost 3 front teeth and the hospital didn't even catch it. I found out months later when I went to an oral surgeon to replace the teeth. By that time, it was to late for a fix and now it will require MANY thousands of $, total realignment (top and bottom), and several surgeries (rebreak BOTH upper and lower, bone graphs, implants, plates, screws, etc) and the insurance REFUSED to pay! I've lived with it since and ONE of these days, when I become RICH, I will get it fixed and have some new teeth

Glad she is on the mend and is still here with us! There's nothing worse than an accident that involves our children, but as bad as things seem, it can always be much worse. Take care!

Comment

• SiberianLover
      Standard Member & Club 1,000
      • Oct 2007

Wow, it's going to take her a long time to recover. She's going to have a long road ahead of her. Thank goodness she is alive!

I'm so sorry about your ex. That's pretty ******.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

• nuk
        Toy Member
        • Jan 2007

So glad to hear she is safe and on the road to recovery

Comment

• Poodleluv
          • May 2008

So glad she is over the surgery part

Thanks for update. I will say a prayer for her to recover fast,and send healing thoughts.Does she have to take her nourishment through a straw?
          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
          Quote:Cath

Comment

• Particentral
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
            Thanks for update. I will say a prayer for her to recover fast,and send healing thoughts.Does she have to take her nourishment through a straw?
            OH YEAH! And her meds. Vicodin elixir is nasty tasting, but the ANTIBIOTIC is even worse. I bought ensure shakes, apple juice and gatorade. She hates the ensure, but I am persistant. She could have soup but she keeps refusing it.....she is 6foot tall and 150 pounds. Might be down to 135 by the time shes back to eting solids, in two weeks she can start eating things like pudding, jello anything that she doesnt have to really CHEW,....until then, its strictly straw capable or nothing.

Nea, that is AWFUL they didn;t find the breaks! Hers were totally borken through, so there was no missing it. You could SEE the pieces dislocated....shudder
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

• neanea
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
              Nea, that is AWFUL they didn;t find the breaks! Hers were totally borken through, so there was no missing it. You could SEE the pieces dislocated....shudder
              They never xray my head. They did a scan (can't remember which kind) so they never saw the fractures. My condyle was/is broken in two and the fracture in the front was snapped in half. That hospital didn't even see that my left ulna was completely shattered and even said it wasn't broken until 4 days later and my mom insisted that the RE-xray it!

Anywho, that's all water under the bridge! You take care of that girl and INSIST she do as she's told It's hell dealing with those injuries, so don't take her remarks (and there WILL be some) personally. I'm so glad that they were able to fix her up as good as new!

Comment

• suzy6469
                • Dec 2007

Glad she's home and hope she makes a speedy recovery. Good thing she has a good support system..

Take care and prayers your way.
                "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

• Poodleluv
                  • May 2008

Poor baby

The whole thing sounds awful. She is lucky to have you to care for her. When my daughter has been ill or injured, I have always cared for her,she wants her mommy. She moved away 3 months ago,to Edmonton,but if she needed me I would be on the next plane. When her fever went close to 104,and she was dehydrated,hallucinating from swine flu. I had to care for her,only I can get her fever down, and get her rehydrated. She just needs her mom I guess.
                  "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                  Quote:Cath

Comment

• odette
                    • Aug 2008

Glad to hear she is home, and that you have a good man to help. Try to get some rest,Be proud that you were a pita when it was needed for her.
                    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

• scrubapup
                      • Jan 2007

That sounds awful. That poor girl. At least she's home now.

Comment

• tmenne
                        Toy Member
                        • Aug 2008

Glad to hear she's home. I think its always easier to be at home when its time to rest and heal. By the way if you don't mind how did the accident happen. Was this do to all the bad weather you guys were having.

Comment

• Particentral
                          • Sep 2007

The accident was a single car crash into an old old old Live Oak tree. Our town is full of them. She got off work around midnight (she is a tattoo artist, so nothing new about that). Went to a meal with her BF and two friends. They say they were not drinking. They left around 12:45 and went to her apt, her in her car them in the BFs. She never made it there.....maybe she fell asleep? No real idea. She says she remembers paying for her meal and that is it....she woke up in the hospital in Macon, 3 hours after transport, or 9 hours after the accident. Well, that is when she started to become coherent and from that point she can remember.

Comment

• tmenne
                            Toy Member
                            • Aug 2008

Concussions suck. The not knowing what happened to you is tough. Only happened once and I still to this day can’t remember what happened. I hope she heals well and quickly.

Comment

• BeeJL
                              • May 2007

Thanks for the update. I can't think of any advise or encouraging words but want you to know your family is in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X