No announcement yet.

Daughter Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Thanks so much for the update. I am really happy to hear that she is starting her mending process....I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

I've been keeping an eye out for an update. So glad to hear that she's home and on the mend though I'm sure w/the pain that's involved she is probably wondering if she actually IS mending. Poor girl!

Her father and my husbands father sound like the same person. Todds dad NEVER called to see how he was doing after Josh was killed. I still get so STEAMED when I think about it. How hard is it to pick up the flipping phone...........

Totally agree w/the advice from Nea about not taking any tantrums or snotty remarks personaly. When my sister was in the hosp and then home recovering from Gillian Barret Syndrom (prob misspelled that) my mom took a year off of work so she could help care for her and Emily so that Steve could still work. There were some HUGE battles and my usually sweet sister could get pretty nasty w/my mom. It was just the pain, confusion and frustration (she was in a wheelchair for months) coming out. The narcotics prob didn't help either....lol

Just try to stay strong and focused for her. Sounds like she has a long road ahead of her.
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Prayers continued

I do think the narcotics create some emotional turmoil as much as the frustration and pain. Sure glad she lived through that and someday will be looking back on this time enjoying life.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Vicodin CAN make her be a jerk or get major depression or both. Just ride it out, Honey.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

OMG Debi I heard from another competitor what happened. They had your name on the table behind me in SMNS I'm glad to hear she's doing better though.

Comment

So sorry about your daughter Debi. Hope she is getting better everyday.
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Thanks again...I am floored by all the support. My clients have been wonderful as well and only ONE got snotty. VERY VERY snotty.....she is no longer a client.

I am surprised they had my name on a table, cause they KNEW before the show started that I was dropping my classes. AND I reiterated it when I dropped off Scotts dogs Wed night....

ANYWAY she will be fine, but I am still exhausted.....she is supposed to be having the wires and some of the eternal screws removed next week sometime, but she is still not able to go home.

I do not know how ling she will be with us, but we are planning a CRUISE when this is over.......
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Glad to hear she's home and recovering. Keep us posted.

Comment

Glad she is doing better. Also glad you found out how one client was no longer needed, human life is more important than a f-----ing hair cut. Hope you get some much needed rest soon.
                    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

So I was just wondering how your daughter is healing. Maybe I missed your update so I thought I would ask.

Comment

Thanks for asking. SHe has one more surgery to come some time later this year,but overall she is doing better. Her back is 80% according to her. Still hurts if she bends over (which she does at work) but shes managing, and her jaw only opens 1 inch right now, still no feeling in her lower lip....It was so funny last Friday she calle dme and said "MOMMY! I ate a SANDWICH and didn't have to break it into pieces!"

She is going to be ok, and we finally got our house back.....now comes the fun part of paying for all of this mess!
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Deb, did you get my email about Tyler?

Comment

Glad she's home hope she has a speedy recovery. A friend of ours just had to fly out to texas because her oldest son and daughter in law were in a horrible wreck. Son's now in stable condition and daughter in law was put inot active labor from the crash. Mom's a wreck worried about everyone. It's ruff when things like this happen, glad you hubby is such a good man. prayers to your family
                            "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                            and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                            www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                              Thanks again...I am floored by all the support. My clients have been wonderful as well and only ONE got snotty. VERY VERY snotty.....she is no longer a client.

My Ex Beat my 14 year old up this last year and broke her nose. I had a client get snotty with me when I told her I would be in the hospital with her while she had surgery. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. She said FINE I will go somewhere else. [email protected]#@[email protected][email protected]#@! of a lady. OF course I'm not going to be anywhere else other than with my child in a tragedy DUH. She told me that she didnt want to hear about my family life. THE NERVE OF HER. She was fairly new and I dont miss her AT ALL.

I am glad she is home and doing ok

Comment

Parti, I am so glad that she is well on the road to recovery. I bet she wanted to do a happy dance when she was able to eat a sandwich like normal adult....lol....

Still sending prayers that her recovery (physical AND emotional) continue. Also praying that you are handling all of this okay.
                                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                                X