I need to rehome Lacey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to rehome Lacey

It just breaks my heart to have to do this. She goes after Panda, the Pom all the time and one of these times (almost happened today) we aren't going to be able to save her. I've tried many things and it just isn't working. The safest thing to do is find her a new home.
    I'm also guessing when she finally does find that new home our place will be a lot quieter. Toby acts like he has to protect the other dogs from the Std. Poo. He is going to wear himself out if Lacey stays.
    I wanted another Std but I guess I just got one too soon after my first one died. I wasn't careful enough in finding out about her background, even though I asked questions.
    I've loved taking her out for her runs. Watching her and Toby run together has been sooooo much fun.
    But always being afraid she is going to hurt or even kill Panda is not fun. I know this is the best thing for me and the family, and in the end it will be for Lacey too.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Thats a bumer I ve always wanted a standard poodle,I d hate it if I got one and had to rehome it.but Id also hate it if she ate my pom too!!
    You know whats best for your pack im sure you will find her a great home!

Comment

Not to worry!

Aw, that sucks.! But if you have tried everything,and do not feel she is safe in your home with your little dogs, there is nothing wrong with rehoming her. She may just need a home with no little dogs. Best of luck finding her a great home.
      "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
      Quote:Cath

Comment

Sorry to hear that Pixie

Comment

I truly feel your pain Pixie. We have to rehome our Maltese because he has been attacked twice by our Brittany. The first time it was pretty sever so we kept them separated. Then things seemed to be okay so we let them out to go potty together with in seconds the Brittany had the maltese be the neck and left two puncture wounds. Its so hard to make the decision and I feel like a bad owner because I shouldn’t have let this happened. Or I should keep them separated and keep him. But really it’s the best thing to do. Good Luck to you.

Comment

I have had to do that in the past and still have some dogs that I do not trust with some of the others. Kraemer, my wheaten, HATES my older male cocker, Austin. HATES him and the feeling is mutual. BUT Kraemer has tried to KILL Austin before. We are actually able to guarantee they are seperate, but that is not so easy for some people. My toy poodle LUke is the target at the shop. My cockers want to hurt him, so he goes in one play yard, they in another.

I have had to place a schnauzer once and a stnd poodle as well. THe stnd found small dogs to be prey. He would go after anything smaller than him. Killed a cat......and with all the small dogs I had he scared the bejezzers out of me.

It is better to place them where you KNOW they are happy and safe than to keep living with it, wondering WHEN something will go wrong....

You know what you have to do. DOnt let anyone make you feel like you are doing the wrong thing. Make the decision for everyone concerned.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I just want to thank all of you for your words. I know this is the right thing to do for all, and I appreciate what everyone has said. It will make it a bit easier. At least I know I'm not a total failure with her and the other dogs.
              Diane

Comment

Personality conflicts

It is sad when this happens,but I have seen this happen too. My BFF Pauline used to stay in my home 1 week on 1 week off for years when I had a busy shop. She would bring her pets,at the time she had an average of 7 toy poodles,and I had 3 toy poodles. Everyone got along fine.....Except my apricot girl Poodie,normally a well balanced peace loving little doll, and her little black Miranda who also was a nice little girl .they hated each other. Every once in awhile their boundaries would clash,and the bitch fight was ON. We had to be very careful.
                "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  I just want to thank all of you for your words. I know this is the right thing to do for all, and I appreciate what everyone has said. It will make it a bit easier. At least I know I'm not a total failure with her and the other dogs.
                  No dear your not the fault in her behavior, this was done long before you acquired her.You have done everything you can to help her , you are doing the right thing by thinking about the safety of your smaller pets.I'm sure there is a perfect family for her somewhere best wishes at finding one for her.

Comment

I haven't received one phone call for Lacey. I'm getting a little disappointed I must say. I even had pictures in her ad. I was asking for a small amount of money, maybe I'm just going to have to give her away. I'll give it a little longer.

It is getting harder every day. I had so many plans for her, agility and just being my second best friend, Toby is first of course! But I have to remember I'm doing it to keep my Pom, Panda safe.
                    Diane

Comment

Don't worry it has only been a few days, I'm sure you will get a few calls in time.As for Toby's safety issues, just try to keep them separated from each other but enforce the love for all of them equally.

Comment

Thanks Pooh13. I did get an email about her. It's an older couple and they want to talk price. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe they are the ones.
                        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Thanks Pooh13. I did get an email about her. It's an older couple and they want to talk price. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe they are the ones.
                          crossing my fingers here for you( this doesn't help my ****** typing skills mind you lol)

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
                            crossing my fingers here for you( this doesn't help my ****** typing skills mind you lol)
                            Thanks Pooh, but you can uncross your fingers. It does making typing a little difficult to do when they're crossed! LOL
                            Diane

Comment

Well the one and only show of interest in Lacey hasn't gotten in touch with me again. Guess she just isn't the right dog for them.
                              I'm hanging onto her a little longer in case there is someone else out there who may contact me. I don't want to take her to the shelter. Guess I'm just going to have to be more on guard duty with her and the little dogs, especially Panda.
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X