need new business name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new business name

Well, it's official. I took the plunge and bought a Hanvey Bathing Beauty and taxi-vac combo unit (portable clipper vac/HV dryer/vacuum) and am almost ready to start doing housecalls (going to groom in owner's homes).
    Now I just need a name for my business. I was thinking of something simple like Jen's house call grooming... anyone have anything more snappy? I want something that will make it clear that I am doing grooming in client's homes, and am not a shop or a mobile.
    Suggestions please!

How about
    Home Sweet Home Pet Grooming
    No Place Like Home Pet Grooming
    Groomer Unleashed "
    Going to the Dogs "
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

How about?

Household hounds.
      Comfy Canines
      This early that's all I can come up with. Good luck. and congrats
      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

I like the names offered, but have some advice.

I'm not sure about where you live or the legalities, but we choose our name, got business cards made up, a website and the works, then found out that we had to get our name registered. When we went to the city/county to register our name we held our breaths hoping and praying the name wasn't already taken. Thankfully it was not.

Here's more details:
        http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/bu...businessas.htm

Good Luck!

Comment

Homeward Hound

Comment

Hehe dont do the "No place like home" one. That is me!!! and we are right over the border from eachother.

www.noplacelikehomegrooming.com

how about "home is where the heart is"

Comment

Wow, keep those suggestions coming, as well as the advice on setting up a business helpful info. That is where I feel a bit lost. Tried looking up on my city's website to see if I needed a license and was completely overwhelmed and lost. State website was worse. Then there was the SBA website... I just went upstairs and hid under the covers for a while.
              Pristine: That website you gave me is very helpful. Thanks!
              Jadenlea, I didn't know you had branched out on your own, congrats!!
              I think once I have decided on a name I will feel more "official" and ready to take on the legal/bureaucratic side of business.
              Then again that could also be a procrastination tactic...

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
                Homeward Hound
                Ok, that is flippin cute!!

Comment

My vote is for homeward hound...love it!!!

Comment

homeward hound in home grooming
                    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by scullysmom View Post
                      Ok, that is flippin cute!!
                      Agree!
                      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

My 2nd option for a my business was Dog Gone Pawfect. Your more than welcome to use it if you like it.

Comment

My mother thinks...

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
                          homeward hound in home grooming
                          That this name will imply that I only do hounds or am somehow breed specific. Thoughts?

I looked up Home Sweet Home Dog Grooming and it is available in my state, but I think I like workingchihuahua's suggestion better.

I am really getting jazzed for this... I got my Bathing Beauty and taxi vac combo unit (thank you again Arrooh for the suggestions!) in the mail this past week!

Comment

Homeward Hound!

I like that one the best. I don't think people will get the idea that you are breed specific. There is a dog walking service here in Vancouver that is called "Outward Hound". I doubt they only walk hounds!

Comment

Originally posted by dirty hairy View Post
                              That this name will imply that I only do hounds or am somehow breed specific. Thoughts?
                              Shoot, then I guess that rules out Sweetin Wheatens, Oodles of Poodles, and Regal Beagle huh?

I don't think it makes you seem breed specific at all....especially if you have graphics that indicate otherwise. Think of all the places that have "Mutt" in their names, and no one assumes they only groom mixed breeds...
                              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X