Maltese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maltese

I groom a Maltese every 2 months that gets left long. The girl combs her at home, not as well as she should, but as least the dog is brushable.. Well she called today and said that she needed to bring her in and she might need to be shaved. She showed up about 20 minutes later. Oh yeah, that poor doggy needed to be shaved. I did a #7 and barely made it thru with that. Something was odd though. This dog reaked of perm solution and the only mats were on the body and ears. Not even a single knot on the legs, face or tail. She wasn't as soft as she usually was. The girl said that she was out of town and her grandma watched the dog and she didn't comb her. I would think that the legs and face and tail would be matted to, not just the ears and body... The perm solution smell on this dog was strong, really strong. I think that the girl tried to perm the dog. The skin was red and black, when it was normally pink with some light brown spots and the dog had scabs all over.
    Becky

oh god poor thing! Im sorry, but if this girl(or her grandma) tried to prem this dog and thought it would be fine and dandy, they're an idiot! It probley burned her skin! At least you were able to make her more comfortable! Some people just shouldn't own dogs.

Comment

oh my god. that would be horrible. Did you say anything to her? How old is the girl? I think I would have called the SPCA. Pouring a strong chemical like that on a dog is cruelty anyway you look at it.

Comment

they tried to perm the poor dog? OMG! poor poor lil doggy!
        poor thing!
        i do hope they took it to the vet afterwords!
        Hound

Comment

what were they thinking....

How awful!

Comment

Im suprized it didn't melt that maltese fur.. OUCH

Comment

To bad where I live I can't do anything. There is no SPCA here and the 1 cruelty investigator in the entire state can't do anything unless he has a witness willing to come forward that saw someone try to perm the dogs fur. I just signed a petition here the other day to make cruelty a felon instead of a misdemeanor. That little dog that the guy put in a 200 degree oven is a bill in senate right now and that petition I signed is to get that passed to a law.
              Becky

Comment

PERMED the dog? Now I've heard it all.

Comment

When I see skin like that I wash then put pure aloe on the body for 10 minutes and rinse and wash again to calm the skin down. People are so dumb sometimes.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

WOW! That poor dog, Perm solution burns my nose hairs so I can only imagine what it felt like for the poor dog.
                    (i havnt had a perm since junior high, which is a long time ago, but when I am at the hairdressers, it bothers me when someone else is getting one)

Comment

Working...
                    X