Parti poos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parti poos

I am a snob I guess, I love sables of certain breeds, but not poos. Sweet littledog , good owners, just wish she was'nt so muddy looking. Do'ntkill me,I just like solid colored poos. Hope it's not to small.
    Attached Files
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

So what is the big deal. You have a color preference. It's not the breed or the personality. You might like a tan dog and the next gal doesn't. I don't like grey dogs and I'm sure many of you don't like brindle or black or blue and red and purple and green and orange..... I could go on and one. Seems not only are we dealing with natural color but in the show ring the color of the rainbow.
    Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

odette, I think the dog on your picture is not sable it is a brindle. Most long coated brindles look muddy like that.
      I believe that color is secondary to conformation and while I like most particolors I don't particularly like dark brindle or sable poodles ether. But I saw two very pretty ones at competitions. One was red sable toy with black ears and stripe on the back he looked very sharp and other one was a standard that was very light brindle (cream and blue) tuxedo.

Comment

Yeah I love the red sables and really light sables, that girl looks like she'd be cuter with a shorter cut. Looks like she got into the black hair dye and missed a few spots

I would love to see pics of a blue brindle poo, that sounds gorgeous! Of course my faves are the merles. But, then I love anything blue or merle be it kitty, chicken, or dog!

Comment

I'm with Lexapurple, that dog looks like a brindle. I consider a parti to be 2 very distinct color changes, like the parti pom I groom. He is chocolate and white and I think he is beautiful and kind of unique looking. I also agree with taking the poodles coat shorter, you may see an nice brindle pattern emerge if you get some of that coat off rather than a muddy looking color.

Comment

My least favorite color for dogs is black. Four of our five dogs are black. I don`t know how that happened!!!!!! lol

Comment

my new puppy is a sable.... that one is def a brindle, not a sable. I like some colors better than others, but love all colors.

Heres Abbie
              Attached Files

Comment

Okay, that is one cute pup! Poor Maggie is just muddy looking, mom was blk, brwn, whte. Dad was black. At least Maggie isgood to groom andhas o.k. coat, at 6 mths and spayed we shall see. Older owners dote on her and that is all that matters. I love strue sables, some brindles, and all solid colors on most breeds.
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Just to educate, and again, I thought I posted this yesterday, but it went to POOF yard......Parti dogs are white dogs with patches of color, either solid or brindle, and the standard for cockers states the color section must make up at least 10% of the dogs body. In MANY breeds parti is a common color, like cockers, poodles and shihtzu, pekes, poms, and the like. In none of those breeds is parti linked to blindness, deafness or anything else genetic. In Cockers, as I have stated before, it can be a nutty color, mentally, but not healthwise.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

To add to the educational aspect here; a sable coat is banded, light at the base, dark or black at the tips. Most sable coats have only two bands of color, but a few will show three. If the dog has undercoat, the base of the guard hair is the same color as the undercoat. When clipped, the sable coat will appear uniformly light.

Brindle coats are tiger striped, with distinctly different colored stripes. It's possible to have a sable brindle, but not often seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X