Toy schnauzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy schnauzer

Friends of my parents are getting a toy schnauzer. They have always had mini schnauzer but since they fly to Alaska a lot they want a small one that can fly in the passenger area. I have tried to tell them not to but they insist. So does anyone know of a quality breeder that offers either small schnauzers or toy schnauzers? Since they insist on having one I would feel a little better knowing a healthy background.

There is a toy schnauzer breeder in Pueblo, Colorado and I groom several dogs from her kennels. The pups are pricey but they are very cute. I have never spoken with her directly but have been told she does not allow potential buyers to see the pups parents ?? !! I Don't like that one bit. I do groom a retired breeder bitch who adjusted well to a private home and is a very pretty, sweet girl. The kennel's website is www.ewesmypet.com.

Comment

looks like you need to get your hands on the breeders dog. wow can you say hula skirt Thanks for the link. I need to go "talk" to them more. ugh i'm sickened. I went to the links she provided of other breeders. Wow. The are bragging that they have 48 schnauzers on 1.5 acres!!!! I shouldn't judge but anyone that has 48 dogs and says they are a hobby breeder I'm pretty sure I can say they are a puppy mill. I tried telling them this is what they would run into looking for this type of dog. So hopefully someone can prove me wrong and knows of a good breeder that breeds them small.

Comment

Send me a PM, I can tell you one you should stay away from. I don't know if there are any real quality breeders-but I suppose there are. Heck there was a recent post about an excellent golden doodle person-so they are out there.

Comment

A proper sized 13-14 inch schnauzer will fit to fly in the passenger section. One of my clients flys with their dog quite a bit. Go to a show breeder that breeds to size-probably a lot cheaper than a "toy" from a puppy mill.
          Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Anyone who grooms a so called Schnauzer that badly, I would never buy from.

The little Holly I groom is also from a so called breeder. I am convinced they are pricey mixed breed dogs. Beware! I'd contact a legit breeder who shows at sanctioned real dog shows , but has an undersized pup she can't show. I bet the dog would cost less than the fakes and have a real AKC pedigree too. I have never seen such a poor grooming. Oh, my!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
              A proper sized 13-14 inch schnauzer will fit to fly in the passenger section. One of my clients flys with their dog quite a bit. Go to a show breeder that breeds to size-probably a lot cheaper than a "toy" from a puppy mill.
              and certainly if not cheaper from the start, the pup would be cheaper in the long run. Well bred dogs who have been health tested are well worth a slightly higher price. I also agree that a breeder that sticks w/i the size standards will have smaller dogs, most of the not so well bred ones that I see are closer to the standard schnauzer size. They could also look @ a female, as a female would be smaller as well. I will never agree to send one of my customers to a byb, puppy miller, or designer dog breeder, I just think it is wrong to use your pets as cash cows. I would give my opinions and leave it at that. As groomers we see the product of bad breeding day after day, and to me it is heartbreaking. People say they don't want a show dog, what they are failing to account for is that some faults that are present in bad breedings are ones that can shorten a dogs life, that is no small issue for me. Some of these faults can cause discomfort, pain, early arthritis, acl issues, life long denta issues, and lead to numerous surgeries. Now don't get me wrong, I own mutts, I even own 2 purebreeds, but all came from shelters as I will not support a breeder who isn't in it for the dogs.
              I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
              -Michelangelo

Comment

I have a client who bought 2 littermates from a toy schnauzer breeder; the parents were about the size of a chihuahua and these two littermates aren't! One is on the larger size for a mini and the other is on the smaller size. The smaller one has had so many health issues that with all the money spent on vet bills they could have bought a new car or two!
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

She needs to spend some of the money she gets from those puppies and learn how to groom them properly!
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                  Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                  *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Hmmm, this breeder grooms her dogs to look more like a cocker and she accepts "Paypal"..... I am always leery of breeders who will accept funds without meeting the potential owner.
                    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Originally posted by doggydivas View Post
                      Hmmm, this breeder grooms her dogs to look more like a cocker and she accepts "Paypal"..... I am always leery of breeders who will accept funds without meeting the potential owner.

I used paypal to make a down payment on my dog after I had gone and looked at him and his parents checked out the ladies house etc. I just chose not to make a decision that day. She delivered him to me a few days later, talk about service. Most people have paypal these days, is faster than sending a check and waiting for it to clear. Instant gratification! it's the american way.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, there is a breeder of these on this board who also grooms (obviously) and competes with one or two. Her dog was uner ten pounds. My son has a mini under ten pounds as well. As for traveling in cabin, HECK KERMIT fits in his oversized sherpa! You can find them that are slightly larger than the normal ones if you look. The one he has fits under seats but FILLS that area. Side to side, top to bottom, front to back. He weighs 22 pounds~ The girl I am thinking of I THINK is in Texas. For the Life of me I can only remember her name, not her screen name.....my keyboard is sticking. If I make mistakes, forgive it please.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Why would anyone want one of these so called toy schnauzers when there are very nice properly bred mini 's that are still quite small? Those poor dogs I saw on that website are just cash cows,and some of them have conformation that looks like dwarfism,apple heads,why are the ears cropped on dogs that will never be shown? The whole thing is just sad. Page after page offered like objects for sale. And the groomimg speaks for itself.
                          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                          Quote:Cath

Comment

Gee guys, I was going to try to replicatethe wavy side on thefirst bitch ! lol, I agree with hooking her up with a reputable breeder,.
                            ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

This breeder has very pretty, sweet, classy little schnauzers. Some of the parti's are the cutest adults imaginable. I think if someone is trying to raise nice puppies and makes sure all puppies sold are healthy, vaccinated and socialized they should receive some credit. She has been breeding pups for 18 years & started when cropped ears were the most fashionable way to go. She does very nice ears and probably likes that look. Her facility has never had a citation. Sorry she's Not a groomer. She puts a pattern on her puppies & for-sale adults and little more . Healthy, happy pups are, to me sometimes worth more than a pup from a show dog litter that was breed for whatever the latest trend is with no regard to temperament, intelligence or pet-ability. Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful.
                              Last edited by pugnacious; 03-01-10, 09:21 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                              X