Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

Ok, I thought I was losing it, or my keyboard was broken. For the last several weeks I have been noticing weird typos and missing parts of the sentences I post here, sometimes causing my posts to make no sense. I posted to a thread earlier, went back to check it, and noticed something again.

The quote below is what is showing up on the thread:

""""environment while locked into a contract. contract.""""

I read this and thought to myself "wth?" I go in to edit my post to correct it and it appears fine on the edit screen, with no extra "contract" at the end of the sentence; sooo I cannot remove it on the edit screen and once again I look like a crazy typer, lol.

Anyone else notice parts of sentences getting added or subtracted to their posts????

Admin: No one changes your posts here unless you see the word EDITED appear. Let me add a reminder. Now we do one thing because no matter how often we request one piece of netiqette is almost never followed here. If you click QUOTE to respond to someone it makes a copy of their post in your new post. The problem is you may only be responding to one thought in a long post, and so netiquette says you pare down the quote to about ONE SENTENCE. Please everyone do this favor to other members. No one wants to read an entire long quote again and again, and sometimes when this is done, the reply is "LOL." If you quote in your post reply, please pare down the quote to a few words or one sentence only. Now back to this post, we will cut and slash quotes as a favor to others so they don't have to read 3, 4, 5 or 20 sentences before the new message. We don't want to do this, really slows down moderation having to edit quotes on your behalf as a courtesy to others. Please practice quote netiquette and edit down quotes to a sentence or less. THANKS!!!

I wasnt implying they were being edited by a person, just that parts keep dissapearing, etc. I thought maybe it was a glitch since the same word was repeated a few times in another thread and I noticed the repeated words do not exist on the edit screen when I go in to delete it.

PS: I always trim my quotes

Comment

I haven't seen any of that on your posts (or anyone else's). I wonder if it has something to do with your computer and it's settings? I'm not computer savvy enough to offer any help or suggestions as to how to fix it. I just wanted to let you know that your posts have not been created by "the crazy typer". Maybe try logging on at a different computer and check your posts?
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

[QUOTE=D'tails;394530]Ok, I thought I was losing it, or my keyboard was broken. For the last several weeks I have been noticing weird typos and missing parts of the sentences I post here, sometimes causing my posts to make no sense. I posted to a thread earlier, went back to check it, and noticed something again.

I just thought you were drunk!!!

Comment

ironic

its a little funny that your names d'tails. lol

Comment

The same thing happened to me. I just figured it was me and I'd missed something before I hit submit..I was pretty sure I didn't but not all my sentence was there.

Comment

No I rarely drink :/

Anyways, I went back to the thread about the employers abusing the dog, where the double words were showing up. I highlighted the sentence and the duplicate word "contract" dissapeared from the sentence. As soon as I un-highlighted it, the duplicate word popped back on the end of the sentence. Maybe no one else could see it, if it is some glitch with the new forum system or my browser.

I am running Wondows Vista.

Comment

That's one problem I'm not having. having.
                Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I thought it was me and my poor typing

maybe it is. I have had trouble with the last letter of a word like "because has the last letter, being e as the fist of the next word. That is one example. I often get distracted while listening to tv while here.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post

I am running Wondows Vista.
                    "Wondows?"

Lol. Lets just chalk half of this problem up to poor and distracted typing. I need to get rid of the tv next to monitor and start paying attention when I do my professional one-finger typing

Comment

Working...
                    X