Witness dog abuse several times and nothing is being done!!!! HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witness dog abuse several times and nothing is being done!!!! HELP PLEASE

OK I have been grooming for about one year at a petsomething, one of the employees there is very mean to the dogs. I have seen choking, pinching, and recently a store manager witness the employee kicking a dog in the bathing room. The employee said that the manager saw him triping not kicking the dog. I know 3 of us have complained to management, however the employee is still working.... I cannot stand it anymore, but I also have a contract as well, that I really cant afford to pay back. I love my job as a groomer, but cannot tolerate abuse on these poor dogs. What can I do. I have even talked to out district manager as have the other employees.... Please help me with this!!!!

Could you make your local SPCA aware,so that they can come in ,and keep an eye on the situation? I've often wondered about those webcams,or nanny cams. It seems that they could be used both to keep people behaving better,such as your situation,or by live streaming as that Aussie fella did,show the clients that their pets are always treated with respect. Sorry you are in such a pickle. We will help you think of something.
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

I would jump the chain of command and talk to someone in district or higher. You may have a push over in charge who needs someone higher to give him the ax

Comment

Tammy,
        Do not quit until you report this to someone other than your employer. I am currently fighting them and unemployment. Anyhow I witnessed the same thing and I too went to the manager about it and nothing was done. I quit because I could not take it any longer. I have been denied my unemployment benefits because I quit. During one of my appeals the manager showed up and denied our conversations and lied about other things. Make sure you file a formal complaint with someone ASAP. Then if it does not change you should be able to get out your contract with them because no one should ever have to work under those conditions.
        Due to a postponement of my last hearing this should have been done with by now but my new hearing is set for March 11.I was on unemployment before I started because of being laid off, I was trying to make a career change and quickly realized that Petsomething was not the way to go. This has been going on for over a year. Unemployment will not only give what they owe me but they say I owe them for what I collected after quitting.
        Good luck

Comment

Stop talking. Put it in writing. Document every incident you observe, and write a cover letter. Then either have everyone sign it, or have each person write their own statement. And don't be wishy-washy about it, either. Be blunt. Give a copy to your store manager, mail the original to your district manager, and each of you should keep a copy.

If possible, first talk to a labor attorney about your rights, and if they can enforce your contract if you're being forced to work in a hostile environment. Then you can add a line in your written statement regarding that little sticky issue, too.

Keep documenting everything. If nothing is done file a complaint with local law enforcement and the ASPCA or Humane Society. If they still do nothing, maybe you can talk to a reporter from your local paper or TV station.

Comment

Helly has GOT it in one! This way nobody will be able to chnge their mind about saying what they saw at the last minute.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

What Helly said. I would also inform mgmt that you refuse to be forced to work in an abusive environment while locked into a contract. Also let them know that because of this, you will be keeping your cell phone with you and plan on filming future abuse.

Comment

When I worked in corporate, and it wasn't a petsomething, this type of thing, if seen by a manager would mean immediate termination. One groomer was caught hitting a dog on the nose with her nail clippers and didn't deny it. She was fired on the spot. It just makes me sick that management is allowing this to happen. Helly has the right stuff, you need to document EVERYTHING, submit it to everyone you need to and keep going up the chain of command. If you mail anything send it certified. If you have email addresses, that's a great way to document stuff too, especially if people respond to you.
                Has anyone said anything to this groomer? Put her on notice? I worked for a lady that beat the animals, I mean would BEAT them and I reported her to the HS, but since I had no one to back me up and they didn't catch her in the act they couldn't do anything. Actually told me I must be a disgruntled employee! Finally someone else starting working there that was willing to speak up and corroborate as well and she was shut down. What makes me sick is that she could easily be grooming somewhere else and she bred dogs and would laugh about how she had to beat this one or that one for some stupid reason.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Yes, what Helly said! I got in a business jam that was not working out,and I documented everything, kept a journal,and dated,and had a witness sign my journal after a nasty day. It never came to legal action other than consulting a lawyer,but the lawyer had made comments about the help this could be if it came down to it.
                  "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                  Quote:Cath

Comment

Many of the grooming salons, especially the newer salons, have hidden cameras installed. Document the dates and times, and speak to the regional pet manager (both petsomethings have a person with similar titles). Both petsomethings also have a hotline for employee's to contact Corporate. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X