Concussion photo from Ridgeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concussion photo from Ridgeback

While getting a large male ridgeback into the tub, he headbutted me. I was reeling. I saw stars, thought I was gonna faint and throw up all in the same moment. I sat down for a bit and then finished the bath. I looked in the mirror and took these photos. This was yesterday. I finished 5 grooms and had a splitting headache the rest of the day. I probably should have gone to the hospital but you know how expensive that is .. plus I still have the stupid eye infection from Monday from earlier this week. I almost wonder if it happened because my sight w/my glasses is so different than my contacts. Whatever. Now today, I started getting a black eye on the right side. By 2 pm, I now have a black eye starting on the left side. I AM A MESS. I think I will tell my customers that my husband did it ... it makes a better story than a dog.

Can you see how big the knot is in the middle of my forehead? I looked like a mallard duck ... seriously usually my forehead is flat!!!
    Attached Files

Yeah, get checked

Uuuhhhh, isn't a headache after getting hit in the head a sign that you may have bleeding and swelling in the brain?? That would be bad.

Comment

Ouch!

Photos aren't up yet but I get the idea. You poor thing, sounds just awful!! I was headbutted by a smaller dog and it cracked my nose, hurt like the dickens for months. Glad you will be ok.
      I think "I was headbutted by a Rodesian Ridgeback" is a pretty impressive explanation for black eyes and a goose egg on the forehead. He (she) defied gravity and you didn't. That's what you get for obeying the laws (of physics, I mean.)
      Hope you feel better and your bad luck streak is over. I'll try to telegraph some positive energy your way, but I'm not sure I have enough bars to make it over the Rockies.

Comment

Take care of yourself! From the sound of the week you are having you need chocolate, a good movie, and a day or two off!

Comment

Holy cow, that's a nice goose egg. I know that sensation, feeling faint and nauseated all at the same time.

Comment

Ummmmm...Ouch!! R U feeling better today? That looks seriously painful. BTW, it does look like a Mallard Duck! LOL
            Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
            Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

OUCH........when you said a goose egg you weren't kidding! that it missy no more head banging music for you

Comment

That's both horrible & hilarious. I cannot stress this enough. Go get checked. Head injuries can take a long time to fully reveal themselves & you are not a doctor. You might have brain swelling for days. Don't screw around being a hero.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Holy Cow!! That is a huge lump on your noggin! I hope you're feeling better.
                  "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Wow! That is ridiculously big! That had to have been a huge whack! Maybe you should go see a doctor, just to make sure you really are OK. Head injuries of any kind scare me.
                    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

OMG! Are you OK? That is frightening! Please take care of yourself. That looks serious.
                      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Whoa, that looks crazy HUGE to me, I would have it checked-out just to be safe. Hope you feel better!
                        Jacob

Comment

Ohhh geeez. Right over that tender sinus spot too. Hope you feel better soon At least he didnt chin but you from below and smack your teeth together.
                          Last edited by D'tails; 02-26-10, 01:20 PM.

Comment

The GOOD news about the swelling is its likely bruising from the hit, called a hematoma, not neccesarily a brain injury, but you cannot rule it out either. Here is a good overview of what to look for:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/head-injury/HQ00763

remember that if you have insurance, even business through Governor insurance, medical bills up to a certain amount are covered for injuries on the job. If you are self employed you really SHOULD look into workers comp that covers just you. At any rate, no matter how expensive a trip to urgent care or ER may be, its better than losing your life. Remember Natasha Richardson??? She really didn't feel bad at all and died suddenly after her fall.

My oldest daughter has a lump on her forehead from a fall out of a chair at less than 2 years old. She is going to be 28 this year. She still carries that lump to this day. She was FINE but her whole forehead and eyes were black and blue ALMOST INSTANTLY. Doctors could not believe she didn't have any injury other than the hematoma, but she didn't.

PLEASE get this looked at and update us on how you are doing.
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Wow that is a huge bump. Hope you feel better.

Comment

Working...
                              X