Designer Dogs 101 on Animal Planet - Doodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designer Dogs 101 on Animal Planet - Doodle

"If you want the Golden Retriever personality without all the hair and grooming."

This quote brought to you by our favorite vet/judge from the show Groomer Has It. Sigh...

Still wondering how this woman became a grooming authority...

She should be locked in a kennel full of doodles and forced to groom all of them!
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

To funny I thought the same thing. Hope not to many people will listen to that...lol I've had owners thing the same thing because that's what they were told. I say we give her 3 to raise and then let her talk about how little grooming it takes.
      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

hehe I posted this a few months back when it aired. I was outraged.

Comment

That vet is a NUT BAG!! I can't stand her on Groomer Has It and on the Breeds 101 show. I'd like to know who designated her as the "all knowing" vet. Any groomer will tell you that Golden Doodles require a ton of grooming...but because she is a vet she must be right. Ug, I can't wait for the doodle trend to be over. Remember when cockapoos were the fad, now I hardly see them. I'm hoping the doodle trend will soon fade.

Comment

I still see a ton of cockapoos. Thankfully most of mine are well behaved. One is a porker and drives me nuts with his constant sitting, though. They seem to be a lazy breed to me. When I watched the Dogs 101 on the Goldendoodle and I heard her say that, my mouth dropped open. I wanted to whack her. We do NOT need more goldendoodle owners that think that brushing is optional.

Comment

AAAHHHH why do they think it's like a magic miracle dog????? It won't shed, it's hypo allerginic, good behavior with little training, no poop or pee blah blah blaj. Why don't they just say it's the fix for everything you hate about regular breeds all rolled up into a robot dog. Worst thing is non of it is true. They shed sooooooo bad it's not funny.....

Comment

lucky you - my cockapoos tend to be pretty weird - very skittish & shy -I am absolutely not a fan - would rather do a goldendoodle.

Originally posted by tia2370 View Post
                I still see a ton of cockapoos. Thankfully most of mine are well behaved.
                ugh what an idiot - how does she get to be on animal planet???

Comment

I thought the same thing when I saw that show! I groom quite a few golden doodles and luckily they are kept up for the most part, but yes LOTS of hair. The cockapoo isn't as popular as it used to be in my area, I only groom one. She came in today actually, sweet dog though! she is kept up very well by her owners also.

Comment

Maybe she means low grooming if you only come in once a year and get a 9 strip- because 98% of the ones we get are matted to the skin every single time they come in. They make me cringe.

Comment

This is the same person who caused a stir on here after coming down hard on a GH contestant while proclaiming how one drop of water will cause an ear infection.

I really wish they would stick with grooming professionals for judging.
                      Last edited by D'tails; 02-25-10, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I am snickering to myself as I read this because I had a lady call yesterday wanting to change groomers because her other groomer was always shaving the dog...um, lady, I can leave any amount of hair that you want as long as the dog isn't matted...but I won't make any promises that I won't have to shave your dog. She hasn't had the dog groomed since before Christmas. Venturing to guess that if it wasn't shaved naked then, it will be when I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DogChic View Post
                          ugh what an idiot - how does she get to be on animal planet???
                          Because she is pretty--and she has a good agent.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                            Because she is pretty--and she has a good agent.
                            You hit it Smart-n. Blonde,attractive camera friendly,loves the mediaShe is not the only one from that show who has used the tv exposure to promote herself.,who seems to not know much of what they speak. I call them "talking heads"
                            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                            Quote:Cath

Comment

I thought I heard or read somewhere that she specializes in cats anyway. IMO, if it's on Animal Planet don't believe it, unless you check it ou somewhere else. I actually enjoy correcting the regular Dogs 101 segments; it's a little game for me. I also know many of the breeders they feature are not reputable. The Poodle and Yorkie segments come to mind. (The Poodle breeder got the segment b/c an AP staffer purchased from her and she has an annual party, not b/c she has top show dogs, does all the testing, is improving the breed, etc.) Too bad the general public believes everything they hear on television.

Comment

Working...
                              X