Crown Royale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Royale question

I just bought some crown royale and it says to spray on after drying. How do yall use this stuff? do you spray it a little bit at at time, like if you are working on one leg, you would spray it then comb and scissor? I wasn't expecting to see the dog looking wet again. Stupid question , I know but can anyone answer it?

You mist the coat while you comb and brush it and as you comb hair while scissoring.
    You do not need much just light mist without getting hair wet.

Comment

Not a stupid question at all, you want to use it everytime you pick up your comb before you scissor. So it would be MIST (VERY LIGHTLY USE, don't wet the coat) comb, scissor. It really helps to create a better scissor finish. What happens is when you mist the coat it helps lift the hair that you haven't trimmed and and help suck in the hair you already have.

Comment

I also use it after bath before drying. It really helps work the mats out during the drying process....I lightly mist the body ( and I mean lightly) all over and rub it in really well....it works really good!
        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Now I know there are different formulas of CR, so which one do you use for scissoring?
          Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I use #3 for everything. Been using it for 18 years. It takes out hairspray,makes a nice fragrant shiny finishing spray. Good scissoring spray. Good condiotioner. I still have no idea how 1 product can do all these things , but I sure do like it! LOL
            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
            Quote:Cath

Comment

Because I use it on all coat types I just use the #2

Comment

Originally posted by dgpaw View Post
                What happens is when you mist the coat it helps lift the hair that you haven't trimmed and and help suck in the hair you already have.
                What a great description!

Comment

Yep all those things. I use it after bath..for the fluff and puff. I use it to refresh, I use it on my dughters hair to get out hat head in the am. But only a light mist, from a distance. I use #3 on everything. #2 is a safe call as well, whichever, you get used to the one you are using and adjust.

Comment

They have 3 formulas, personally, I can't tell the difference between them, I just grab and spray ! I only use it when scissoring, it really helps lift those long hairs for trimming, it really makes the job easier. Once you start to use it, you won't know how you groomed without it !!

Here is a simple explaination of the differences of formulas. I also have a chart that names the breed and which formala should be used on it.

Crown Royale Eesti Crown Royale Estonia Biovite OB Shampoo Deep Cleansing Shampoo Puppy Shampoo Grooming Powder Clip Eze Liminator Condition Plus Ultimate Detangle Spray Magic Touch Whitener Bodifier

Happy Spraying

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

Comment

I use #3 as Poodleluv right before scissoring. What is #2? Is it also to be used on dry coat?

Comment

I just bought the #3 formula and I find it sprays out too heavy should have a finer sprayer on it.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I love this board. Who else in the world could answer these kinds of questions??? Thank you for your replies. They help sooo much!

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                            I just bought the #3 formula and I find it sprays out too heavy should have a finer sprayer on it.
                            Plex, for scissoring spray with #3 I found the finest mister bottle at the dollar store of all places! If you use the bottle that comes with Crown Royale it is not fine enough I take that bottle to the shows for taking out hairsrapy, you need a good amount for that. I'm waiting for someine who understands the finer points of what is in grooming products to tell us why this stuff is so versatile. I buy the concentrate,and I would be lost if I ran out.That reminds me of another product that can't be topped in my books. is #1 all systems coat protector and enhancer for conditioning a show coat lightly. A little bit sprayed on my pin brush makes it whisper through the thickest of coats.
                            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                            Quote:Cath

Comment

If you go to the crown royale website there is chart showing breeds and the recommended formula. I use and sell it at shows...along with #1 all systems. To me both lines have their qualities. I will be introducing some new lines this year based on this groups opinions...thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X