My new bird dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new bird dog

Not really a new dog, it's just Toby my Shih who thinks he is now a bird dog.

I was across the street in the field walking (actually letting them run) Lacey (Std. Poo) and Toby.

A flock of Sea gulls (yes we have Sea gulls in Utah) had landed in the field. Toby noticed them and took off after them. His short little legs were just a haulin' his body across the field. Of course he was never able to get any of the gulls but he sure did make them fly away!!!
    He looked so dang cute.

What is Lacey doing all this time Toby is chasing the birds you might ask.....(even if you didn't ask I'm going to tell ya). She was sitting next to me just watching!!!! Lazy dog.

I didn't know Shih's were bird dogs.
    Last edited by Pixie; 02-19-10, 05:08 PM.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Funny dogs....my Poodle ran off the front of our pontoon after a duck one time, guess he thought he could walk on water....he didn't get hurt other than his pride.

Comment

Yes and we all know about poodle pride

Comment

Good excersize program! Uhh poos are retrievers, time for a talk! My puppy is a duck dog, rver since 2 ducks chased him tweaking his but when he was 4 mths, now he thinks he can get em, poor delusional thing.
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Spike's a teacup labrador, Diane, didn't you know? He loves to chase the birdies, too!

In South Korea, we had a pigeon that would purch on the corner of the roof of the apartment next to us. It was so hot we kept our door open when we were home. That pigeon saw Spike's bowl of kibbles and decided to fly INTO our entryway, proceed to eat Spike's Kibbles, and well, the rest is history. "Get the birdie!" used to get him alllll riled up! He'd run out of the bedroom on two legs turning the corner to get the bird in our entryway, lol.

He's since forgotten what 'birdies' are, but I bet he'd relearn very quickly!

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

sea gull= chicken of the sky lol ewww

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
              Uhh poos are retrievers, time for a talk!
              I think someone forgot to tell Lacey that she is a retriever. LOL

Yesterday we went for the walk/run with both dogs again and the gulls were out in the field and Toby was after them in no time at all. Lacey did run out with him but she lost interest really fast. She ended up coming back to me and sitting and watching Toby enjoy the gulls.
              So funny.
              Diane

Comment

That's such a cute story! My little LuLu likes to chase birds too!

Comment

When it begins to get on your nerves....mail him to me. The USPS provides boxes based on weight, and I expect he'll comfortably fit in a 20 - 30 lb. box. I need a snuggly house-mouse dog. I just luv that lil Luke/Toby dog!
                  Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I love Toby, too. Tammy that was adorable. "Teacup Labrador" LOL!
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                      When it begins to get on your nerves....mail him to me. The USPS provides boxes based on weight, and I expect he'll comfortably fit in a 20 - 30 lb. box. I need a snuggly house-mouse dog. I just luv that lil Luke/Toby dog!
                      Sorry Sibes, but you're going to have to luv Luke/Toby from a distance! No way would I be sending him anywhere.

Now if you were asking for Lacey you might have a chance with that one! LOL
                      Diane

Comment

Working...
                      X