I want to adopt a std poodle.. Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to adopt a std poodle.. Help please

I have been searching and searching for a standard poodle rescue near me.. I'm in NE Pennsylvania. My Tucker boy (std poodle) would love a brother or sister and my family and I would love another "son or daughter". lol.. We don't have a lot of cash to just purchase a puppy from some of the great breeders out there, and really, would rather give a home to one that needs it. Does any one out there know of one near us? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks fellows groomers and friends!! Any help is appreciated!

Have you looked in petfinder for rescues? Usually most organized rescues will at least post their info on petfinder if they don't list dogs for adotion. There are a lot of Standards in rescue on there. An online pal just lost hers and is looking for oen but she needs to find a smaller 18" one. I'll keep my ears open too since I am not that far away!

Comment

there are a few on here: http://www.petfinder.com/search/sear...location=17094

Comment

A doodle rescue in New Jersey
        http://doodlerescuecollective.ning.com/

A poodle rescue in south carolina (a long but pretty drive)
        http://www.carolinapoodlerescue.org/

there is another rescue in indiana I think

Comment

I've been looking on petfinder.. That's where I found tucker, actually...Thanks again Jackie!! And I've applied for 2 of them so far, and haven't heard back from either rescues.. It's been about 3 weeks now.. Sometimes these rescues really tick me off with their "standards".. I do rent, but am very secure in my home, and my landlords have NO problem with me getting another dog. Hubby and I plan on staying here until we can purchase a house sometime in the next few years. But they all want a fenced in yard (mine is 80% fenced in already) and some won't let you adopt if you have younger children (mines 8 and I have a neice that's 3 who spends a lot of time with us) and a nephew that's 10. (also here a lot, they live NEXT DOOR.. lol). I'll betcha that's why I haven't heard back from them.. I don't get it.. I was hoping there were other rescues around that I haven't seen yet.. I'll keep on looking.. If any one else has any info, let me know..
          thanks.

Comment

Heaven sent rescue in NY has a gorgeous male std poodle for adoption right now. Great coat, very shy, related to my boy! they are on petfinder! You should get em!

Comment

If your looking to straight rescue, I know a very sneaky way to check the nationwide (within 24 hours) craigslist.

Comment

There is a poodle rescue in MA where I got my dog Sully. They didn't care about the age of my kids. I still stay in contact with the foster mom who had Sully and send her pics periodically. I could always ask her if she knows of any Standards up for adoption.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I would contact any rescue or shelter in your area that may have or get what you are looking for and let them know you want a Spoo. At least in my area, there are very few Standard Poodles that end up in rescue or (and more likely) the dogs aren't in rescue long enough to be posted on PF. I know of a few people that found their Spoos on craigslist and kijiji. You could always try putting wanted ads there.

Comment

Working...
                  X