Can you Fix Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Fix Him?

Today I get to my last appointment. New customer and she has a Tec Cup Yorkie. I have her fill our client info sheet and sign the policy form. So I flip the client card over to take notes on how she wanted her Yorkie Groomed. So she goes in the other room brings him out and says he wan't groomed very long ago and they screwed him up can you fix him? OMG, this dog had a hack job.

I told her I'm no miracle worker and there wasn't much there left. WHo, How did he end up like this. She went on to tell me that she took him to their normal groomer and told them they wanted a cute scruffy look. Somewhere they forgot the CUTE part. There wasn't much left to work with. So I started asking her questions about what she really wanted and if I could make a shorter version of it. She said, you are highly recommended by the lady up the street (I knew who she was talking about, she has three Yorkies), just do your best to fix him. So literally I write on the groom card, Fix the dog. I told her on my way out to the mobile, If it seems like its taking longer than you expected its because I'm out here scratching my head trying to figure out how to Fix Him. She laughed.

In the end I had to cut the body down with a 7F blending off the hips and front legs, but removing what was left of a chopped up skirt. I then had to litterly used my thinners to scissor blend all of the legs to remove all of the previous scissor chop marks the last groomer left. The heas was another story all together. They had completely removed all the hair that normally lies over the ears that give that cute expression look when their ears peak forward. Each ear had a different tipped length. So I had to tip them so they looked the same, which meant they were tipped nearly have the length of the ear leather. The side of the face and beard were all chopped up so I had to blend and reshape the who face.

Well I pulled a rabbit out of my hat. She was so happy. She booked me on the spot for the rest of year. Honestly I was more worried that people might see me there and think that I did the hack job, not the other way around.

She prolly groomed him herself.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I got to fix one of those yesterday! I think nearly every American on Okinawa has either a Yorkie or a Mini long hair doxi. The Yorkie I fixed yesterday, according to the owner, had been taken to a Japanese groomer at a popular pet shop. I've seen their work and I really don't think they did this groom. I think she tried to save some money and do it herself. The poor thing barely had any thing for me to work with. She said they had groomed it about a month ago. I sure hope she got rid of her discount store home pet clippers! She scheduled her next grooming appointment with me and was thrilled with what I was able to do. Which, by the way, was only really to just even up the chop marks with my blending shears.

Comment

I love doing fixups...you get such a feeling of accomplishment.

Comment

Ya know.....

I think it is good to have a challenge like that;you show you skills to yourself and the owner. I wish you had a before and after pic however. That could be a contest entry. Fix The Dog catagory. You win the $100 prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
            She prolly groomed him herself.
            I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I had a customer's grandson ask me that two weeks ago. Her groomer had the nerve to get really sick and cancel all dogs for three weeks, leaving quite a backlog. By the time I got to Smokey and Missy, mom had taken scissors to their eyebrows. The boy asked if I would be able to give him the correct face, and I said no, he has to grow, lol. I made her promise never to do that again as she cut the maltese on the top of the ear when she did her head.

Comment

Originally posted by brownlikewoah View Post
                I was thinking the same thing.
                Me, too. Cynics of the world, unite!
                Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

What, no before-and-after pics?

Comment

No before or afters. I don't know why I didn't think to take pictures. I keep my camera with me all the time. It was the end to a very long day and I guess I was more worried about how I was going to fix the little guy.

I loved the challenge though.

I don't think she would be the type to groom her own dog. She told me he was getting groomed by the breeder she purchased him from, but had gone to a different groomer that was closer and more convienent. Who knows?

Comment

That's like a client I have with probably the UGLIEST schnoodle I have EVER seen. I mean seriously, this dog has absolutely nothing cute going for it & nothing to work with. But she always hands me the dog and says with a big smile "Now, make her beautiful!" I'm thinking "Maam, David Copperfield couldnt make your dog beautiful" But I give it my best and she always says she loves it. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder....

Comment

I get them all the time, the fixer uppers? Big ass holes everywhere, My stock answer now is would you like extensions? I mean really, other than super gluing some hair, or braiding hair extensions? WHAT? I am not as they say in the human hair world a magician! All I have left is short and Blend, blend, blend with thinners and even then I CAN'T FIX HOLES!
                        Thank you very much....

Comment

I told one lady today "Please step away from the scissors next time" And a guy a while ago "Man your Dr shouldn't allow you to play with scissors" " Awwww Sorry Fluffly did that big bad weed eatter get you again" They just laugh

Comment

Working...
                          X