Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else notice during Westminster last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else notice during Westminster last night...

That as the Dobe was going around the ring the last time the crowd started booing??? I thought it was strange......and just curious to know if I was the only one that noticed that....
    Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
    Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

It was due to a PETA protester entering the ring and holding up a sign against breeding

Comment

I thought it must have been something like that.....I was feeling pretty bad for that beautiful dobe! Now I feel a little better.....thanks!

Comment

I heard the crowd noise ,but I didn't know it was booing. I thought it was cheering. That dobie was handled to perfection! She looked elegant,fit,strong,correct,flashy,great show-girl,self stacker,Why would anyone boo her that makes me mad! I would not have wanted to be the judge for that group,almost every dog in that group was a Iwant one! for me.Some of my other faves who didn't make it to BIS were the Irish terrier,smooth fox.lakie,Dandie. the Akita,and the sibe. the standard poodle was poodley perfection without extremes. The little Griff stole my heart too. Not saying the final 7 wern't the right choices,just mentioning some others that impressed. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread,just got me thinking!
        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
        Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
          It was due to a PETA protester entering the ring and holding up a sign against breeding
          Good heavens! When are those nutbars going to pick on something really cruel,like dogfighting,puppy mills,etc.etc. It makes me feel sick to think that anyone would want to obliterate the BEST of lifetimes of dedication,and hundreds of years of good ,and purposeful breeding,and a great sport. They should protest peacefully outside,not disrupt the show! If they ever let my dog loose to run free,and get killed,or lost from a show I will find them,and they will be sorry.
          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
          Quote:Cath

Comment

I did notice the sign but it disappeared too fast, I should've guesed it would be PITA. Too bad it wasn't for BYB's!

Anyone else notice the "oops" the new announcer made during the 2 nights of the show?

I always enjoy watching the show, it is a great evening, especially if you are there!

sittingpretty

Comment

I wasn't home last night and didn't tape it.

So who won? No one has mentioned the winner.

Comment

Yes I noticed it, but was not aware a protester had found his way into the ring.

How about that Scottie getting the triple crown? I can't remeber its name.....sadie I think it was. I was hoping the whippet was going to win.

Comment

I was voting for the Frenchie....they have never taken BIS at westminster.....that would have been cool. Plus he was such a focused and serious little guy

Comment

Had the morons bothered to look into it, they would've seen all the good the show does for all dogs and people. Pedigree ran ads both nights and during the repeats focusing on shelter dogs. They raised close to $300k and promised to match that. There was mention of therapy dogs and pics of Uno at Walter Reid. PETA does nothing but hurt animals and misappropriate funds.

Comment

The morons don't care about how much good the show, and the breeders of purebred dogs, have done for dogs in general. They don't want you, or anyone else, to own an animal, including dogs and cats. They think owning a pet is as evil as owning a slave. Maybe even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                        They think owning a pet is as evil as owning a slave. Maybe even more so.
                        I remember when PETA was known for doing good things, like educating the public about animal testing for cosmetics, as an example. Now that the lunatic fringe has stepped in, they have completely lost sight of their original stated purpose: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

As for owning pets being akin to slavery, I find that really ironic as I spend the morning cleaning litter boxes, feeding, brushing, giving anyone who wants it lap time, washing kitty beds and dog blankies, applying flea and tick control, and preparing to take Wyatt in for his 2nd adaquan injection - after stopping at the pet store to shell out around $60 for the very best food that money can buy. This after spending nearly $1000 last month in a fruitless attempt to diagnose various feline ailments.

So who's the slave here? PETA....stay off my side, please.
                        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

My husband is a proud member of PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals. :-) He even has a T-shirt that says "There is room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!"

The PeTA nut jobs are fond of writing letters to the editor, encouraging the banning of fast foods, eating tofu burgers and hot dogs, and the banning of pet ownership.

If you want to eat tofu, good for you. Hubby loves a good steak. He will have miso soup when we go to eat Japanese, but that is the extent of his tofu consumption.
                          "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                          Laura Lee Ray
                          I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Kat, that sounds just like my hubby. His favorite statement is that he "did not claw his way to the top of the top of the food chain to eat grass"

Comment

PETA is more about hating humans than loving animals...Very evident once you read many of their statements and philosophies.

Comment

Working...
                              X