Health insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health insurance question

I need to have some health insurance any suggestions?I signed up with Mega in Feb, got my policie in the mail yesterday they want to raise my preimum 25% because 3 yrs ago my Doctor wrote me a prescription for nexium for a stomache infection not for reflux.My premium was going to be 230.00 a month only for emergency care only.Being 48 and living in Ca health insurance is going to be high but you gotts have it.

Find a good answer, let me know

I am likely going to go without till Medicare. It is sky high. That is one of the pains, such as your prescription. I'm in good health, but have taken some medications to keep me that way. They'd charge me much more.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, PPO....I can choose my own doctor and it's accepted every where...I currently pay $145.00 a month....

Comment

3 years ago, your doctor wrote you a presription and they holding it against you. i don't know what i find more disturbing. that they can access such minute detail from your medical file or raising your pemium by such a hefty rate when in the last 3 years there hasn't been corrobating info.
        Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
          3 years ago, your doctor wrote you a presription and they holding it against you. i don't know what i find more disturbing. that they can access such minute detail from your medical file or raising your pemium by such a hefty rate when in the last 3 years there hasn't been corrobating info.
          They absolutely do that. I have been refused insurance because I had an undiagnosed condition 7 years ago. And it's been fine ever since. They only want to insure people in perfect health.

Comment

Hey DK?

You are not paying the entire premium are you. That cannot be right.

Here in MA. the cheapest group rate I have found through the area Chamber of Commerce is with Tufts. The entire premium is 330.00 per month for a single person.

Jason

Comment

Try getting coverage when you need a kidney transplant!

One of the biggest problems I face with opening my own shop is health insurance. I have to have it due to kidney desease, but the cost... almost $500 a month. Oh well ya got to have it.

Tammy

Comment

Not only can they go thru years & years of your personal medical records, they can contact your doctors directly and verify anything. They do this with life insurance too.

I am 30 years old, in perfect health, and totally unable to get life insurance because 6 years ago my liver enzymes were elevated from the flu. It's absurd.

I have United Healthcare PPO, bought totally out of pocket - $282/mo for hubby & I, $1500 deductible each, but then they pay 100%. I know this is a smoking deal, so I am hanging onto it with both hands!

Comment

Originally posted by jaeinn View Post
                  You are not paying the entire premium are you. That cannot be right.

Here in MA. the cheapest group rate I have found through the area Chamber of Commerce is with Tufts. The entire premium is 330.00 per month for a single person.

Jason
                  that price was for emergency room & hospital care only no regular Dr. appointments no lab no exrays ect.

Comment

Best leave in spray conditioner

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite leave in spray conditioner is. I really like Kelco de-mat spray, it leaves the coat so incredibly soft and fluffy. The only problem is, it has silicone in it. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want to use a spray conditioner because I'm mobile and prefer not to use the extra water to rinse conditioner, or creme rinse out.
                    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                    X