Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite conditioner/creme rinse, and WHY???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite conditioner/creme rinse, and WHY???

I'm wondering what everyone's favorite conditioner is, and why. Or, do you use a creme rinse and why.
    Just playin with a few things in my shop, and the lady I apprenticed with swears by a creme rinse, and another groomer I've been talking to swears by a conditioner.
    Any help/info would be appreciated.

Vicki

Coat handler by Senproco

I have said it before, and I will again, Coat handler first. Tropliclean, de, mat. Ryans' for the price and fragrance, Value Groom.On nearly every dog, Yes, ev en if just the head and rinse toward the tail so it all runs down body.

Comment

Love tropiclean ? Demat. It smells great and is also oatmeal. Love it even more than le pooches and that is saying a lot!!

Comment

I love the eqyss priemer conditioner. Its the best! It works instantly (no sitting around) and it can also go right over the last shampoo and will still work. It smells great too!

Comment

you will get some varying answers here. it's a good thing we are online otherwise there could be some slap fights. i for one do not like tropiclean because I THINK it's all fragrance and no substance. my fav combo is les pooch F & T with The Stuff. i use that combo for the big hairy's. loosens up the undercoat like you would not believe. i will be knee deep in hair when i am done. i also use it on dogs that need to have a REASONABLE amount of dematting. i have a strict non dematting policy. i can keep most of my dogs in puppy cuts rather than shaving them down.
          Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I have not tried many, but I like the quadruped leave in conditioner. it has the consistancy of water and does not weigh the coat down
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I like Les Pooch Creme Rinse. I actually use it on my own hair because it works and smells so good.
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

For deep conditioning, dogs with heavy undercoat, or to put a real shine on smooth, short coats, I like ReFurbish. I use it full strength as a pack conditioner on severely damaged coat, or dilute it with warm water and use it for deep conditioning.

For a lighter rinse, I use DeMat, diluted 10:1.

For dogs with sensitive skin, Davis Hypoallergenic.

For light conditioning on curly coats, drop coats, or to work out matted spots I use Davis Mat Out.

Comment

Best Shots ultra plenish

Comment

oops

I forgot to say why.Leaves the coat soft but not greasy also conditons the skin.In my opinon you can't beat it for matted dogs.

Comment

I like Quadruped Leave In and Eqyss Premier. We use these on every dog and get lots of compliments on softness and smell.

Comment

Best Shot shampoo, I don't use conditioner unless there is matting (takes longer to dry the dogs) I instead spray "the stuff" on the coat before drying.

Comment

Best Shot shampoo and conditioner, and Best Shot finishing spray...i use other brands as well, but Best Shot is may favorite!!

Comment

Client called yesterday.....

A new client called to ask what shampoo and conditioner I used on his white .Lhasa. He said his dog always scratched a lot with other groomers but this time she did'nt. Being white, I guess he wants to bathe her inbetween trims. I think I used Griminator because he lives in a 55+park model home and the streets are dirty and grimey. I may have used Best shot conditioner, or value groom. Nooooo, darn, I did not make a note of it. My Fav shampoos are right in front of me in the cabinett above the tub. I also mix griminator and Best shot for hydro-surge. I told him to get 160z Coat handler from Ryans' I know for a fact, dogs I have done with it Never scratch afterwards. His wife has passed away, I think not divorce, and he loves his dog. (female)I don't like to give away m y secrets to clients but I am sure he will call as soon as she gets shaggy. He also keeps her brushed. And....is close by. Nice new client.

Comment

As far as conditioner goes, I like Best Shot Ultra Plenish...Leaves the coat smooth and silky, helps mats comb out and smells great...Tropiclean is my shampoo of choice....

Comment

Working...
                              X