Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Your Certification Get Announced in Your Local News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Your Certification Get Announced in Your Local News?

Komperda becomes master groomer

Jane Komperda, owner of Bark Me Beautiful, has earned certified master groomer designation from the National Dog Groomer Association of America.

The certification process includes written and practical exams on all seven major groups of dogs, as well as education on skin disorders and cutlery for each breed and cats.

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=20812

---------------------

That's an example of a Colorado groomer that got her NDGAA cert publicized. Why not create a press release for your achievements and send them off to every local newspaper or TV station? You've got nothing to lose but an hour of your time.

You never know, they may run it, they may not, but if they do, free press in a newspaper can sometimes get you more new business than ads.

Stephen
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

This is a great idea. I have done it for 3 local papers and the 2 radio channels in our area and every time I got calls from new clients and a lot of my regulars mentioning that they'd seen and heard the announcements. I don't list all of my accomplishments in conversation with clients, most times it doesn't come up in idle conversations and it would be awkward to go on about one's self at length,, so many of them have no idea that I have extended cert. or what those certs. on my walls are actually for, or that I host special classes, head a large grooming Org., wrote a book, developed a line of skin & coat care products, (blahblahblah) etc--so this is also a chance for myself and for all groomers to list their accomplishments (for free) and share that with the entire area-- and without sounding like a long winded braggart!
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Windy.... You have earned the right to be Proud of all your accomplishments. I had no idea you are so accomplished until I read this post! With that being said, you can claim "braggers rights" with me anytime ☺ I would be honored to hear all about these accomplishments, as a matter of fact, please email me or private message me an addy where I can access all the information. Thank you in advance for doing so. Robin

Comment

What a great and positive way to promote grooming,and offer information to pet owners!
        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
        Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by lightning View Post
          Windy.... You have earned the right to be Proud of all your accomplishments. I had no idea you are so accomplished until I read this post! With that being said, you can claim "braggers rights" with me anytime ☺ I would be honored to hear all about these accomplishments, as a matter of fact, please email me or private message me an addy where I can access all the information. Thank you in advance for doing so. Robin
          *giggling* Are you pulling my chain? I so can't tell from text alone! I am embarrASSed!! Did I sound or, "read", obnoxious?! I bet I did...I sure hope I dinnint sound like a bag of wind. Truly--I didn't mean to be bragging...shoot.
          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
            *giggling* Are you pulling my chain? I so can't tell from text alone! I am embarrASSed!! Did I sound or, "read", obnoxious?! I bet I did...I sure hope I dinnint sound like a bag of wind. Truly--I didn't mean to be bragging...shoot.
            Anyone who is as helpful,and kind to everyone on this forum from newbies to experts as you have always been could never be mistaken for obnoxious. Okay now go polish that halo!
            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
              Anyone who is as helpful,and kind to everyone on this forum from newbies to experts as you have always been could never be mistaken for obnoxious. Okay now go polish that halo!
              LOL
              Poodleluv--what lengths did you use on that adorable Yorkie in your avatar? That clip is oh so cute.
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                Poodleluv--what lengths did you use on that adorable Yorkie in your avatar? That clip is oh so cute.

Thanks Windy! That was from last year I change up depending on her weight,and tangling situation. I think I used the #9 comb speed feed on her jacket,started blend line high blending with same comb. the blending is done with geib chunkers.face with heritage bent shank thinners,and straights for the rest of scissoring. She has gotten pretty chunky,so her last trim I went with the #12 comb backwards,started blendline with #9 comb.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
                  Thanks Windy! That was from last year I change up depending on her weight,and tangling situation. I think I used the #9 comb speed feed on her jacket,started blend line high blending with same comb. the blending is done with geib chunkers.face with heritage bent shank thinners,and straights for the rest of scissoring. She has gotten pretty chunky,so her last trim I went with the #12 comb backwards,started blendline with #9 comb.
                  Oh I forgot I use the Kenchii 5 star for the finish scissoring.She has the best coat of any yorkie I have seen for pet trim purposes. Very thick,plush,and healthy

Comment

Windyyyyy .... I promise I am not teasing you.....I was dead serious, now you making me laugh...hahaha. for real....I would love to be able to *see* your knowledge in things you have accomplished. It would be very informative and a learning experience, not only for me but I am sure for others as well. And PLEASE never be embarrassed about your talents, obvious you have plenty of that. Seriously, let me see some of your works ...pleeeeease!

Comment

Thank you PoodleLuv!
                      She does have a really nice coat for just such a clip!
                      And thank you Lightening! It is so hard to read intonations on text--I wanted to be sure you didn't think I was just a big dink! (Jeez-holy fragile ego, eh?!) *ROLF*
                      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Windy

I can't wait to have something to brag about. So brag on! I agree with Lightening, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments, besides people are generally happy when they know they have a real professional they can rely on. You are too modest. I can't wait to get my first certification, so that I can send out a press release, that's a GREAT! idea.

Comment

I love you guys!
                          ~Getting used to this new forum- its exciting to learn what new things this place has to offer,,,I am just so happy to be able to get on here and talk with everyone,,,,the work that Admin. does to make this site happen,,,,
                          Thank you.
                          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                          X