Ellie's adventure MY HEART ATTACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie's adventure MY HEART ATTACK

I put the dogs out, turned my back and in 1 minute she was gone. I mean gone. Walked right over the fence.

Mind you I'm sick as hell have no voice to speak of, hardly can breathe, I'm out in the cold trying to yell her name,

Got in the car and went up & down the roads looking for her. The more I looked the more panic I was feeling. I would never forgive myself if she had been killed. The snow banks are high so she would have had to walk in the street. This dog has never been loose in her life.

Called all my neighbors and they are so wonderful. Even my 80yr old was out with her flashlight. Called Paul asked him to call Marc, while I called Joyce and Fran and so forth. They all know how these poodles have been a major portion of my life. The 80yr old always remembers holding Fast Eddie in her hands when he was just 3 days old.

I'm out of the car down a street and Wendy is yelling at me...Connie Marc knows where she is....Me...Marc is she dead? No...a worker down the street saw her and picked her up. He was afraid she would get hit. When Paul called Marc he had just got off the phone with the guy who had Ellie. Soon as Marc knew I was looking for my girl he called Jose (the man who had her). He was 10 miles away, but said he would bring her right back.

I gave Jose a beeeg hug and thanked him so much for picking her up. I also slipped him $50 for his trouble. He had his little boy with him and he was so cute...He tells me he really liked her and he had taken real good care of her for me.

I'm so lucky, so very lucky it turned out all right. My heart is finally beating normal again.

Ellie she's just fine and had a blast riding all over town.

So glad you got your girl back! Kick back and have a warm toddie. Cindee is my escape artist,and has given me several near jammers,it is so scarey,when your loved pet is out loose,
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

Oh my, what a not so fun way to spend an evening. I had something similar happen several years ago. It was late at night and hubby let the dogs out. Unbeknowst to us, buckeye cable, who we weren't even a customer of, had come into our backyard to do some work and had left our gate open. I'm in a satin robe that goes to mid thigh running up and down the streets, then I got in my husbands car, which is a stick, trying to drive that with a torn rotator cuff. Both Lady and Molly were gone, both were solid black dogs. My border collie and my toy poodle. We lived in a nice neighborhood but our road ended onto one of the busiest streets in town. I was fortunate that as I was driving I could hear Lady's tags and called her. She'll always hop in the car. She got in and I raced home. I thought for sure Molly was lost for good. While I was dropping Lady at home a call came in. There was a Wendy's on this main road just down the street, and someone from there had found her! Which meant she HAD made it to the busy street. I ran down there and as soon as I saw her I burst into tears. I tried to explain what happened to the woman who had her through my tears so she didn't think this was a normal occurance. The next day I stopped by with a card and some money inside as a thank you. I DID throw on some clothes before I drove down there though.
      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

My heart rate went up while reading the story. I'm glad she's safe and sound now. I imagine both of you will have a good sleep tonight after all the excitement.
        "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm so glad you got your baby back. Yep mine has given me a heart attack more than once. Looks like Ellie really is FAST.LOL
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Happy and safe at home!

Rest well tonight and say a prayer of thanks! I know all to well how frightening this can be as
            I have also made that drive all around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, I did not have a happy ending...I have never seen my boy since the day he left the yard...that was over 20 yrs.ago, it still hurts.

sittingpretty

Comment

I'm so happy you had a happy ending. I lost one once that was so special to me. I spent every night for a month crying. The dogs had a little routine of running around the house one or 12 times before coming to eat their dinner. One night 6 cocker spaniels ran around the house and only 5 came to eat their food. We were pretty isolated at the top of a hill on 3 acres. No place for the dogs to go really but somehow it happened. He was the first cocker of my own breeding to ever finish and he had a special place in my heart, then he was just gone. We never did find him and to this day..14 years..and i still would give anything to know what happened.

Comment

I've had dog escape before and it is a scary and helpless feeling. I pick up dogs when I find them wandering and if they don't have collars, I check for microchips at the local vet,(I don't always trust the guys at the local Animal Control) then and only then do I take them to animal control. And I monitor their status at AC until they get picked up by the owner, or rehomed.

Comment

Oh, I'm so thankful things worked out for you, what a heartbreaking nightmare.
                  I can't imagine the panic it is to lose a loving pet and I pray I never have to know the pain.

Comment

I felt a little panicky myself reading that! Im so glad you got her back! Geez, they can scare you half to death sometimes, can't they?
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Oh me gosh! I have felt that panic.....I am so glad she made it home safe!
                      Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                      Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

You know ... it's funny how things work out! After reading your story, my first thoughts were these: Everything happens for a reason, we don't always understand why, they just do! Well, your dog was supposed to take that little journey because Jose & his son needed that $50 reward you gave them. Plain and simple...you and your dog were part of God's master plan for Jose & his son. i don't know why or what they needed that money for, but it was all just meant to be and ya'll were the vessels used to make sure they got it. sn't life grand. ☺

Comment

Glad she is home safe and sound, LOng time ago I put my coyotex out,ran tot he store a freak storm blew in, 15 minutes later he was gone!We searched everywhere we could think of, finaly the pound called, he was there, somehow made his way across a 4 lane busy street into a Braums icecream store, just sat and watched them one of the girls feed him cheese till he was picked up, the guy from the pound said we don't allow hybrids in town, but at his age and tagged we knew he was a loved pet. Would never get him back now, he would be on the death list for being a hybrid even tho he was sweet, progress....is'nt it grand.
                          ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Oh I'm so glad she was safe, I was right there with you this week. Usually in the snow mine never venture more than 20 ft from the porch, but the other day mom and son were on the driveway, tossed their heads back and took off down the street and up to the highway. I was in my summer flats and pajamas by the time I made it to the end of the drive a neighbor was driving by and asked if they were mine and said they were up on the highway! I asked him to please watch my other one so he wouldn't follow me and went as fast as I could up the hill to try and find them. nothing anywhere, looked up and down the highway, plowed snow was too high for them to go over. They were GONE! I walked back down the hill and asked which way they'd gone so I could try and drive around and find them. about then they reappeared on the road and ran back just as fast. I was ready to strangle and hug them at the same time! Of course I was worried about them getting hit. even more worried if someone slammed on their brakes or swerved on the icy road and wrecked trying not to hit them. Gave me the first asthma attack I've had in 5 years! Maybe that was the neighbor that mysteriously replowed my drive after the 2nd storm? I don't know, but I'm glad ALL the poodles are safe!

Comment

Soo glad she is safe and sound right where she belongs. A disaster can happen so quickly. At the clinic my best friend lived on the property (clinic was on a 200 acre horse farm) Sam and I were chatting in the driveway and her St. Poodle Ben was frolicking around us one minute, took off after a squirrel and literally disappeared off the face of the planet. It was awful. Poor Sam has literally never gotten over it. Four years of the same routine, Ben never wore a leash, was always tottering about the farm and this one night he literally went around the corner of a building and when we went around 2 minutes behind him he was just gone. Middle of the day, no strangers around, no barking..nothing. Two weeks later a neighbor was out feeding her horses with her 2 shih tzus and a coyote came right up into the light from the barn and took one. They all thought maybe the same thing had happened to Ben but he was no shih tzu..he was a big strong St and although I doubt he could take a coyote, I cant imagine one could just grab him and go.

Anyhow back to the origin of this response. Give your gal a big ole hug and know we are happy she is home.

Comment

Working...
                              X