Smelly Damn Dog!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly Damn Dog!!!!

Last night after dinner and showers (mine and the kids) We were chilling out watching t.v. and just relaxing. We had the windows opened because it is so beautiful right now, but I kept getting a whif of something nasty. I was thinking it was one of the farms down the road. They are fertilizing about now and some years what they use is alot more potent smelling than other years.... Anyway, my daughter kept saying that Jessie smells. Well they ALWAYS say Jessie smells because she is one of the gassiest dogs around....lol.... I called Jessie over to sit on the couch w/me which was unfortunate because she was the source of the smell. Blah......I don't know what or when she rolled in something but it was NASTY and GREASY!!!!!! There must be something dead in my yard that I will have to try and find today or we will have the same problem. Anyway, into the tub w/her which is just what I want to do after a Spring Day of grooming!!! To make things worse, I had to reshower and change my favorite most comfy jammies because they smelled then too AND I had to scrub the couch w/vinegar water where she had been laying. I should have made her nasty self sleep outside......nope, she still slept in bed w/me and hubby! Good thing she is a Boxer and dries quickly!
    SheilaB from SC

Thank god my dogs are not rollers. My other lab used to find any kind of poo and roll, duck, bird , rabbit, deer. There was alway poo for her to find. sometime she would be sniffing so hard for it she would accidently wander off. I hate it when you get your fav. jammies smelly. It is like total disapointment.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

My schnauzer is like that! She rolls in all the smelly stuff! I am always bathing her. She always comes inside looking soooo proud of herself, until I get a whiff and sccop her off to the tub!!!

Comment

I can't tell you how many times my dog has rolled in something right AFTER I bathed her! Could kill her!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

yeah, my dog is a roller...she likes smelly half dead earthworms that the birds dig up and only eat half of it and leave the rest.
          At least she is a short hair Dachshund so that's good but she mears it all over her face and nose.
          She likes to do it on the last pee at night before we go to bed!! STINK CITY!

Comment

yep my JRT will go and roll in the horse pens after her bath.

Comment

My dog rolled in year old chum. Gag me.

Comment

Pixie- My little Peanut likes to roll in the dead half eaten worms too!! Blah!! He is SOOO proud of himself when he comes in. Little bugger!! Scoop and Lucky aren't rollers thank goodness, one roller is enough.

Scoop

P.S. Come to think of it Peanut just got groomed and is outside-I better go see what he is up to. LOL!

Comment

oh yes, my big farm dog is like that.........he rolls in dead things and horse poop......yup, yuk. Not only that, at LEAST once a year, he tries to sniff a black and white butt and well, gets sprayed..........double yuk.
                  Aren't dogs grand?? LOL

Vicki

Comment

Nothing stinks worse than a bloated dead seal. When I lived on the coast, that's what Libby loved to roll on. It was horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Plexi View Post
                      yeah, my dog is a roller...she likes smelly half dead earthworms that the birds dig up and only eat half of it and leave the rest.
                      At least she is a short hair Dachshund so that's good but she mears it all over her face and nose.
                      She likes to do it on the last pee at night before we go to bed!! STINK CITY!
                      OMG! Yours too? Maybe it's a dachshund thing, because mine do the same thing. When Ronda was still alive, she'd find the most disgusting dead, maggoty, rotten worms to roll on. And I caught Whizzy doing it today at work. I had enough to do without having to wash a wiggly doxie pup, but into the tub he went. I wasn't about to drive home with that stink in my car.

Comment

Stupid dog did it again in the morning and I had to rebathe her....this time she got cold water at the shop. We were NOT happy w/each other.....lol.. I know it was my fault, I was supposed to be watching her but I was talking on the phone w/my parents and got distracted (can you say adult ADD....lol). We found the source though I could not tell you what it was when it was living. I told my hubby that I found it and he asked me what I did with it. Excuse me dear but washing smelly, greasy dogs is MY job, disposing of corpses is YOUR job.....lol
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                        X