I'm ba-ack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ba-ack!

Apparently I was horribly missed by my wonderful customers, many of whom flat out refused to accept the "new groomer" in my stead, especially when da boss told them why I was no longer grooming (he told me that one elderly lady told him he was a "very mean man to do that to poor Lori" LMFAO!). Bossman ended up losing over 20 clients in the last month (small dog clients at that) so he called me yesterday and told me I could basically write my own ticket if I would be willing to come back. So....I now get to pick and choose which dogs I want to do, which days I want to do them on, how many hours I work, how far I travel AND....I got a 15% commission increase PLUS another $2 an hour.

Started my day with a dreadlocked 14 year old schnauzer, (worked a miracle on her), followed by a pom, two yorkies, a maltese and a gorgeous mini-poo. My customers were thrilled to hear I was back, the dogs acted like they couldn't get enough of me, and the tips just rollllled in! It feels SO good to be tired! I really missed grooming. I didn't know how much until I started in on that schnauzer. Honestly, I got a little choked up when I brought her back in and was rewarded with a hug and gushing enthusiasm from her 90 year old owner.

It's good to be back doing what I love!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

That's awesome! Glad you are back!

Comment

That is SO great! I'm so glad you are that indispensable! Our profession needs more (oily) people like you!
      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Fabulous! Stupendous!! I'm glad to hear that Da Bossman came to his senses and realizes how valuable you really are to his business.
        "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Glad your back knew you couldn't stay away long Congrats
          "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
          and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
          www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

HA HA! In the end, you got exactly what you wanted!!! Way to go!

Comment

Yippeeee yippeeeee

That is awesome. Looks like the powers above had a plan to get your bossman to see your worth. Too bad you didn't know you were just on a little vacation. Had you known the end result, you could have relaxed more. I love success stories. This couldn't have happened to a better person.

Comment

YAY! That is swonderful! (Wonderful times thwee.)

Stick with the littles!!!!! Don't get talked into anything bigger....you know how you are!

Every time you look at a big or fatso dog....imagine your spine crumbling like a calving glacier. (I'm trying to write as eloquently as you....how am I doing so far?)
                Then hubby will have to pull the "spineless blob that was once you" around in a children's wagon to go places like the grocery store and social events and the dentist (cuz you'll still have teefs).
                The whole thing will be extremely gross....so think about that every time you are tempted to say yes to a dog out of your limitations.
                And cocoa-smocoa-blatte-latte-double frenzies....or whatever it is you drink....well they will be a part of your past cuz spineless blobs can't drink those...they just kind of flop and splash around in them, and the little shop you get them from will close cuz they don't have your business....and that girl that works there that you say "Thanks Doll" too, well she will be homeless and dressed in tattered rags that once used to be her proud uniform at the coffee place.
                Collateral damage if you don't stick to you guns. Doll.

(Great news PF! )
                Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Well everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is karma's way of saying you were working to hard for too little and you needed a vacation. Lol. Glad to hear your bossman got what he deserved and hopefully he learned from his HUGE mistake. Your lucky you have such wonderful clients. Happy grooming and welcome back!

Comment

Yay! I knew it would happen ! Wonderful groomers don't grow on trees,now Da-Bossman has learned a truth that we all knew already!.
                    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                    Quote:Cath

Comment

Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!.......doing the happy dance!!!!! So very happy and excited for you! See, good things DO happen to those who wait....lol......maybe you will get a set of "good" things happening in threes going your way. Now might be a grand time to play the lottery...lol.......or hit bossman up for a raise since he now realizes how indespensable you are............hehe

I bet your house critters are equally thrilled because now they can go to the bathroom in privacy w/out having to worry about you stalking them and obsessing over the size, quality and general appearance of their droppings or take a nap w/out you standing over them to make sure they are still breathing ...................happy days all around!!!! 8-]
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Great news, I'm glad your boss realized what a huge mistake he made!

Comment

Aw man, you weren't even gone long enough for me to miss you! LOL
                          just kidding! So happy you are back doing what you love. See, once a groomer, always a groomer! I believe in things happening for a reason and I think this is definitely the silver lining! No more killing yourself working crazy hours, you get a raise, and get to groom the dogs that won't hurt your back more. Yay, yay, yay!
                          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

SO glad it worked out, but I have to say, this may be the funniest things Bernie has EVER WRITTEN! I want to print it out and frame it for when I feel like I need a lift! LOL

Keep to what you know you can handle. PERIOD!
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                              SO glad it worked out, but I have to say, this may be the funniest things Bernie has EVER WRITTEN! I want to print it out and frame it for when I feel like I need a lift! LOL!
                              You ain't kiddin! I blew my triple-blended-non-fat-mocha-with-an-extra-shot out my nose when I read that. Lordy, the imagery....I'll wash myself with a rag on a stick if it comes to that!

And Sheila! OMG, grrl - you're spot on about my ocd where the furkids are concerned. I bolted awake at 4am this morning cuz I heard a hairball being coughed up. Woke me out of a sound sleep and caused me to wander the cold, dark house in my altogether, searching for whom it might be that was suffocating to death in the wee hours before dawn. It was Cleo, who took off like a shot when she saw me bending down to "inspect" the package.

Tween you and the Sibe-inator, you two nearly caused me an injury this morning - in my gut, not my back!
                              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Working...
                              X