Volunteers needed for a Science Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers needed for a Science Project

I am looking for a few people to test something out for me. You can read about it on my blog if you want more information. I will provide the needed testing equipment.

This is my project, and I just cannot do it all myself as it would be too expensive.

Please PM me or email me. My email is on my blog page.

Thanks guys! This will be interesting to say the least.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I'm definitely interested in the results of the experiment. Sent a mail to ya, Debi!

Comment

I didn't see any volunteers posting, so I thought I would offer if you don't have any yet. Live in WA. Have access to two shops. One has a fiberglass type cage bank, and one has stacks of regular plastic kennels (don't know what they're called, but it's what I think of when I hear "dog crate"). The shop with the plastic kennels has a safari (i think?) or maybe sahara kennel dryer (the kind with three tubes that hang down). Both shops have the Double K timer kennel dryers that have hi/lo heat and air settings.

Comment

OK, sold! I am still looking for a few more people. If you do not exaclty meet the criteria I have posted, like you do not have a variety of cages, I can still use your help. It is just getting people to test the dryers out that I need. In real life situations.

Anyone else game? Pm me or email me.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I forgot , I have oster cage and table dryers, I've never turned them on high on a dog in a crate . It heats up fast enough on low. The vari kennels are lrge and extra lrge airporters, meaning they are ventilated front sides and back.
          ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

We don't use cage dryers and have wire crates in the shop. We use just box fans to dry dogs. However we have chalengair9000 stand dryer. I know that some shops use those as cage dryer. I will be glad to do testing for you if you interested in situation like that.

I would also like to see time results for fan dryer vs heated cage dryer.

Comment

Sent ya an email!

Comment

Originally posted by lexapurple View Post
                We don't use cage dryers and have wire crates in the shop. We use just box fans to dry dogs. However we have chalengair9000 stand dryer. I know that some shops use those as cage dryer. I will be glad to do testing for you if you interested in situation like that.

I would also like to see time results for fan dryer vs heated cage dryer.
                What do you mean timed, as in how long to dry? Big and harrys dry faster with the fans I use than a heat dryer, a lot faster. Want my challenge air? Talk about loud!
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Lex, in many cases Fans are considered cage dryers, and I consider them that as well. If the law in MA gets passed they will be not allowed either. People tend to lump all types of cage dryers together.

ANd YES ambiant air with lots of airflow dries dogs faster than heated driers. Its a fact that airflow is what dries things, not stagnant air.

Most of the cage dryers I have seen put out ltos of heat and very little air. The air moving the hair around aids in evaporation and the movement of the air past the dog takes moisture with it, so a wire crate is the most efficient out of all the types of cages for drying.

Is that enough info this early in the morning???

Comment

Working...
                  X