Can we remember summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we remember summer?

Sometimes it's hard to understand that summer and winter actually exist on the same planet. Where I live, we've been fortunate enough to so far miss the heavy snowstorms further east, but our winters here are long and cold and the gray skies seem endless. So I went into my picture library and found some pictures from over the past few summers. Anyone else want to share theirs? I need to remember that it will be here again.
    Attached Files
    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

What is that odd yet familar green stuff the dogs are frockling in? lol Spring needs to be around the corner soon. Anyone seen a robin, they are latehere.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Is that a lady or a fellow?
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

What a nice idea! Of course, here in Washington even the summers can be overcast and gloomy. All the best parts of my summer involved my poodle or friends of my poodle. Sooo...here's a peek at my very poodley summer. (Love your Yoga pic, btw!)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
          Is that a lady or a fellow?
          Lol. I assume you mean the figure on the porch. That would be me, (female) although no one's accused me of being a lady before. Funny, because now looking at it I can see it's hard to tell. I guess something happens to the boobs when one is upside down.

So to prove it, here's another summer-y picture of me. See, boobs!

And here's one more of a dog after playtime's over.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by blue; 02-10-10, 07:58 PM.
          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

How about sailing on the Hudson River with my best grooming buddies Sandy and Rhonda?
            So heavenly! I'm counting the days.
            Attached Files
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Great thread Blue! It's lifting my weary snow spirits and I've already shed 1 sweater!
              I love your home, and really love, love your rock gardens and walls.

Super-great pics you guys!

I'll add a mish-mash of Summer stuff.
              Attached Files
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Oh I can't wait for summer. Here are some from my past summer fun photos with the kids and dogs. Since then our cockapoo that is in the photos has passed on to a better place. God rest his soul, you are deeply missed Mickie.
                Attached Files

Comment

UGH...Ive had enough of summer. I like to see all the snow pics.

Comment

I have garden envy!!!!! Am I the only groomer on the planet born w/out a green who has actually killed a plastic plant? Am I the only groomer who walks through the garden section of Lowes and plants actully turn brown and wither if I stop to look at them only to resurect when I have left the bldg??????

Thanks for sharing the picts of the lovely yards and gardens and bringing my gardening self-esteem to a new low......lol.... they do make me long for spring/summer!!!

Great thread Blue. I especially enjoyed the pict of you standing on your head w/your boobs covering your eyes.....neat trick (ROFL).
                    SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                      I have garden envy!!!!! Am I the only groomer on the planet born w/out a green who has actually killed a plastic plant? Am I the only groomer who walks through the garden section of Lowes and plants actully turn brown and wither if I stop to look at them only to resurect when I have left the bldg??????

(ROFL).
                      Nope, not the only one. I am guilty of many counts of plant homicide. My husband won't even allow me to buy anymore plants because he knows they are doomed to a very slow and painful death.
                      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I have garden envy!!!!! Am I the only groomer on the planet born w/out a green who has actually killed a plastic plant?
                        Uh....yeah. As I recall, you told me you watered it for several years before the smell of plastic rotting actually clued you in.

Didn't you even water the pots of "flowers" out front for an entire season...until it was pointed out to you that they were actually weeds that had seeded themselves in it?

I was gonna buy you "Gardening For Dummies" for Christmas...but in ing through it...quickly realized it would be way over your head. (LOL!!!!!! GOOD one Bern, GOOD ONE!!!!)
                        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I have garden envy!!!!! Am I the only groomer on the planet born w/out a green who has actually killed a plastic plant? Am I the only groomer who walks through the garden section of Lowes and plants actully turn brown and wither if I stop to look at them only to resurect when I have left the bldg??????.
                          NO youre not the only one, I cant keep anything alive. My weeds in the back yard seem to do great though!!!

Oh how I wish summer would come quick!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I LOVE gardening but I have a total black ! I've got to be the only one in the Emerald City (Seattle) with a brown back yard! I'm so desperate I've actually stopped pulling the weeds so that my backyard at least looks somewhat green.

Comment

Sibes, remind me not to fess up on any more of my.....ummmm....less than stellar moments. Do you have the memory of an elephant or something???????? Can I come to you for an exotic type of fertilizer this spring.....lol.......I crack myself up!!

The farmer who inquired as to why I was watering the pretty weed brought his parents dogs in for me to keep just yesterday cause his mama is finally getting a kidney! She's been on the list for years. Sweetest woman you could meet. I'm praying that everything works out and goes smoothly for her.
                              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                              X