What has happened to peticure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has happened to peticure?

I broke my peticure head on my nail grinder and need to replace it. I tried to go to the peticure website but it seems like its not usable and their not selling anything, so I tried the phone number and it wasnt in service. Anyone know whats going on with the peticure company? I really need a new cover for my grinder . Anyone have one they want to sell?

just go buy a dremel. I'm sure the company went belly up when all those people that bought it, realized they really couldn't do their dogs nails with it, lol.

Comment

I got one as a gift back when they first came out and honestly I hated it. I put in new batteries and used it on my lab and anytime I applied enough pressure to wear down the nail it would slow down.... I gave it to someone else and went back to my dremel. lol.

Comment

I'm pretty sure PETICURE will be around for quite some time. Last I heard, there were some new plans in the works so maybe they needed to step back for a bit to make that happen. Although I'm sure that PEDIPAWS has hurt them with their cheap knock-off garbage, too. The names (and their advertisements) are so similar that many people get the two products confused, and having tried the pedipaws think that both products are garbage.

Stephen: I have an announcement coming on all of this. I talked with Jayden the creator and we have a surprise coming and I will share more.

Comment

Recently I have seen a lot of those at places like Walgreens. You know it's probably not a good sign when pharmacies starts selling them for cheap. Maybe it was the Pedipaws I saw at Walgreens, now I'm not sure.
          Last edited by puglover; 02-10-10, 07:09 PM.

Comment

The company has not gone belly up from my understanding, they are redoing their site. The tool is actually very nice for pet owners, provided you bought the Elite not the Petite. Cherrybrook has the Peticure Grinders for sale now. The PediPaws has NO power to them at all. The best way to use the PetiCure though is to use the CAP on a dremel, which is what the OP is doing. It is what I do as well.

PM me. I think I have an extra one as I have 4 or 5 of them cause I love them so much. Would NOT use a dremel without it, especially on my cockers.

Stephen: Yes, and we have something VERY special to add, but need to make a final call tomorrow or Friday.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by flemishr2cool View Post
              I got one as a gift back when they first came out and honestly I hated it. I put in new batteries and used it on my lab and anytime I applied enough pressure to wear down the nail it would slow down.... I gave it to someone else and went back to my dremel. lol.
              Then you didn't have a PETICURE, you had a PEDIPAWS. Peticure has its own batteries or comes corded as well.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by puglover View Post
                Recently I have seen a lot of those at places like Walgreens. You know it's probably not a good sign when pharmacies starts selling them for cheap. Maybe it was the Pedipaws I saw at Walgreens, now I'm not sure.
                Yep, that would be pedipaws. They sell for about $20 ($19.95?) and don't begin to compare to Peticure.

Comment

I have an oster nail grinder and love it . we also (my mom) have the petipaws and HATE that thing you cant use it it stops everytime you touch a nail to it.

Comment

I'd use the cap on my Oster, but it doesn't fit

I only have one or two dogs who will tollerate it and it only smooths them, but doesn't really shorten them. My own dogs won't allow it, and they are sweet dogs who don't fuss much. I may sell it some day. I really wish the cap fit the dremel I like.

Comment

Eh... I had the Pedicure (NOT pedipaw) and it stopped grinding the second I put any pressure on it. Maybe I got a "bad" one, I dunno. I did buy the petite, so maybe THAT was the problem. Either way, I went back to my old dremel and canned the Pedicure.

Comment

I bought 30 pedipaws at Walgreens for .99 cents each two weeks befored xmas and gave them to my clients for xmas....hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
                          I bought 30 pedipaws at Walgreens for .99 cents each two weeks befored xmas and gave them to my clients for xmas....hehehe
                          A double headed sword (or gift). They think you are being nice and generous by giving them such a great gift so they won't need you to file Fido's claws only to discover how much they can't do w/out you doing it for them!

You can now charge triple for nails and they won't bat an eye....haha

Brilliant marketing for a mere $30.........:+]
                          SheilaB from SC

Comment

I have the Pedicure and sell them at my shop(one of my suppliers has them for wholesale) and I love mine! They do need to be recharged often but they work really well in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by flemishr2cool View Post
                              Oh wait maybe it was pedipaws... now I can't remember

Comment

Working...
                              X