My sweet Sully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sweet Sully

Although my St Poo is named Sully, this isn't the Sully this is about. I have an old cocker I groom named Sully and there is just something about him that makes my heart melt. I adore this guy. The first time i groomed him he was deaf, but still had his sight. By the next groom he had gone completely blind. He's a BIG cocker and just a 7F all. When he gets about 1/2 inch of fur I inevitably get a phone call "Oh, Sully is in such horrible shape, when can you come? I'm so embarrassed" LOL. Well, after each groom every one of the dogs I groom gets to pick out a new toy from my toy box. When I went to groom him the second time and found him to be blind I almost didn't bring in the toy bin, but just decided to see if he would want one anyway. He may not be able to see or hear, but when I put that toy bin down he found it and picked one out right away. He then proceeded to walk into a wall with it, but he was happy to have his new toy. So each time I go, he gets a new toy and he's always "looking" for the bin as soon as he gets inside. Sometimes I have to direct him towards it, but as soon as he finds the bucket he dives right in for a toy. I also do the neighbor across the street and she told me that Sully is actually very aggressive with his owners and has tried to bite them before. Which shocked the heck out of me because he's always sweet as pie with me. I can do anything with him. She told me it was purely lack of leadership on the owners part, they let him rule the roost and she felt he probably realized I wasn't as much of a pushover, LOL (yeah right he he he). But she told me that he used to destroy every toy he had ever been given within moments, but ever since he started getting toys from me he carries them around like prized possessions. She sees his mom outside walking him and he has one of his new toys from me gently clamped in his mouth. I always carry him back from the van and didn't realize his mom was afrad to pick him up. I had wondered why her daughter seemed so amazed when she saw me pick him up and carry him. Apparently he won't let any of them do that with him. I have so many clients that have become special to me, but there is something about this old man that pulls at my heart. I get to groom him tomorrow night and I'm so looking forward to seeing my boy again. I will be heartbroken when he goes, but I am so blessed to have been able to groom him and will continue to do so as long as I can.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Awwwww

Will you be able to take a few Photos of him with his toy? I'd love to see him going into the bin for his toy, and then after he has it. Give him a hug from me. I guess we all have dogs we love like that. I was afraid your post was going to say he passed on.

Comment

I have a new dog client I really like

His name is: Junkyard! No kidding! He is a French Bull dog and very sweet. He grunts so cute. He is black and white and was so shiney after I gave him a bath. I talked for him and answered in a raspy voice. I sprayed him with Bio groom cologne I like. I told he now smelled like a french Who**. He laughed back gruuurph wraaahhahahaha. Sorry I forgot my camera.

His owner is a nice young gal and says everyone loves him, and he loves everyone. He was fine for a nail trim too.

He has the funniest name of any dog I have ever met. JUNKYARD! lol lol He is young so I hope we will be friend s for a long time. I gotta get a toy for him next time.

Comment

my special client is Lacey. shes a standard poodle that loves me more than her own family. they have literally had to drag her out of my shop. last time I groomed her I dropped her off and she was howling at the window when I backed out of the driveway.

Comment

My poor Sully. I just got a call from his owner. He has some autoimmune problem now where his body is fighting making platelets, at least that is how I understood it, and he can't clot right now, so she cancelled his appointment for tonight. She said he's covered in blood she can't clean off and he's very uncomfortable. I feel so bad for him. Please say a little prayer for my special guy.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Working...
          X