insurance woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance woes

Okay the woe is that i don't even have insurance yet but I am trying really hard and could use some advice. I have a grooming salon in my own (part time) and pet sit in clients homes (part time) The first insurance I looked into offered insurance for sitters and groomers. So I thought great, policy and rates were excellent and I requested a quote. 2 weeks later I hadn't seen a quote yet but I received a BILL in the mail for my supposed new insurance. Needless to say I was pissed and called company. The receptionists argued with me and said I should have policy and bill is due now! I asked for manager and come to find out my agent was on vacation and she had time to bill me but not write up a policy yet. Well I figured if I had that many problems before I was a client I wasn't staying on.

The next company I looked into was Gibson Governor insurance, it seemed everyone here highly recommended them, the problem is that a month ago I called and left a message with Bob Jr. (the receptionists connected me to his voicemail) and I never received a call back.

Stephen: Gibson Governor is no long Gibson Governor everybody. They are as below. If you have a problem connecting or getting call back, I would tell the receptionist about your experience. Perhaps it has something to do with the changes.

Governor Insurance Agency Inc.
    P O Box 770
    972 Youngstown-Kingsville Rd. SE
    Vienna, Ohio 44473
    PH: 1-877-738-4766
    FX: 1-888-539-0524
    www.governorins.com

Originally posted by flemishr2cool View Post

Stephen: Gibson Governor is no long Gibson Governor everybody. They are as below. If you have a problem connecting or getting call back, I would tell the receptionist about your experience. Perhaps it has something to do with the changes.

Governor Insurance Agency Inc.
    P O Box 770
    972 Youngstown-Kingsville Rd. SE
    Vienna, Ohio 44473
    PH: 1-877-738-4766
    FX: 1-888-539-0524
    www.governorins.com
    Was this change in name only, or were they bought out by someone?

I need to give them a call and I am wondering if anyone who currently has insurance with them has had any changes in their policy since the 'name' change?

Comment

My contacts are still there and managing, and they still work with over 100 insurance companies putting coverage together.

PET SERVICES INSURANCE
      Since 1986, our agency has designed and offered specific coverage packages for the Pet Service Industry. We offer broad coverage for Property, Liability, Automobile, Excess Liability, Professional Liability, Inland Marine, Customers Pets, Business Income and Workers Compensation. Additionally, we offer specialty programs for your Personal Auto, Homeowners, Pet Health and other Personal Insurance needs.

With 1000's of client's nation wide, we take pride in being able to offer the best available coverage for Pet Grooming Salons, Mobile Groomers, Kennels/Daycares, Humane Shelters, Rescues, Pet Stores, Veterinarians, Mobile Veterinarians, Trainers and other pet-related businesses including Manufacturers and Distributors.

The Governor Insurance Agency created a unique coverage package for the Mobile Grooming and Mobile Veterinarian Industry. As well as offering the comprehensive coverage for your mobile grooming business, vehicle and workers compensation, we are able to offer coverage for your loss of income if your mobile unit is damaged or destroyed. This coverage is not usually available in a standard insurance coverage package.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

We switched to Governor

We had a policy w/another agency and found over time that things were not as they should have been. I should have spent more time keeping tabs. Someone ran into our gate w/their car and I was told about my then agency that my gate would not be covered. I kept questioning them and their response was that I never told them we had a gate. It went round and round to the point that they told me I had to tell them EVERYTHING I had that needed to be insured. Total insanity. I told her to ask me questions, I can't possibly know everything ... its not my business ... its yours.

I switched to Govenor -- they asked the questions, I answered and I feel very good about my coverage and the price I pay.

Ask for a new agent ... mine is right on top of it.

Comment

Switched to Governor 1-1-10

I applied online and got a great quote within 3 days. I had a few questions and the underwriter responded very quickly. You may want to go that route. I am one that needs to read the quote and then ask questions. Good luck!

Comment

I have state farm and I believe another groomer, I know has an erie policy. There is quite a few options out there, I know when I was shopping for insurance I had many more choices, for grooming shop purposes,than I initally thought.

Comment

Working...
            X