opinions please...(shears)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions please...(shears)

ok I am going to get my tax refund soon,I am moving back to pa from florida so I plan on using the majority of it to do some repairs on my house in pa (its 130 years old just imagine what it needs) anyhow I WILL have about a few hundred 2-400 dollars to spend on stuff. I am getting a whal switchblade and here is where you all come in I wanted to get some decent middle of the road priced shears. should I get the master grooming tools 3 peice 5200 seirs rainbow shears or shoudl I just get a pretty nice pair of osters,I have an ok pair of thinners and 2 pair of herritage stilletto curves and a pair of gator curves so I dont REALLY need the "set" what would you guys do???

In the under 100$ range, I haven't had a better scissor than my Geib Entree's. I beleive they are only about 80$.Wow,mine are old,and still hold an edge for ages. Heritage makes a bent shank thinner in the 50$ range,that are just dandy, and so versatile,by flipping them around I can make great little tweaks on my face styling. Mine have been stylin' away for almost a year without a sharpen yet, BARGAIN! Kenchii 5 stars are amazing shears,my friend Bev has the more expensive Kenchii's ,and likes mine just as much. They are in the 150$,as are another shear you might find indespensable,if you liked em as much as me, the Geib 8" chunkers. Those have improved my work,and helped me pick up speed,and have too many uses to list. I think you made a good purchase with Switchblade,mine is 3 years old,and a great clipper,tips very use to change out too. Laube Speedfeed is an inexpensive and very versatile little clipper too. Hope that helps!
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

Ihave toagree, for the $$ go with the Geib Entreee's. You won'tbe sorry.

sittingpretty

Comment

Awww you're missing such a lovely winter up here!

Just had to comment cause you're the 2nd person I've seen on a forum today that moved from FL to PA area ( i'm on the PA/MD/WV border) just like me!! So what part are you moving to?

Comment

I use c-mons exclusivly and love them!

Comment

For under $100 I would buy the Kenchii scorpions. I have the entrees, and they are nice, but I think the scorpions are much better for not that much more money. About $89 I think. I had C-mons and they were nice too, but just too heavy for my hands. I have small hands and bad wrists. I like my geib convex shears too, though I rarely use straights so those gather dust.
            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by nuk View Post
              Awww you're missing such a lovely winter up here!

Just had to comment cause you're the 2nd person I've seen on a forum today that moved from FL to PA area ( i'm on the PA/MD/WV border) just like me!! So what part are you moving to?
              Ooo I wish I was there now I really miss the snow and seasons ANd Im from florida! (Hubbys from maryland) We have a house in Myersdale PA.Its a eh hemm "fixer upper" BUT its paid for,so I can live with fixxing.One day it will look great .but today aint the day. I plan on going right about may/june.I also have a feeling more peopl ewill be leaving fl.the economy is bad here,really bad. Thank you everyone for all your help.it sounds like everyone is in favor of nixxing the master grooming tools 3 peice set then? lol. I thought I may want to get just 1 better pair than go for the lesser value set.I apperciate you all.

Comment

I have the Kenchii 5 stars, curved and straight - LOVE them... but I use them for finishing only... I'll tell you, I am super impressed with Aussies... I went to All American last year and I think the deal was 3 for $99... I got a curved, straight and thinner... I am NOT happy with the thinners, but the shears are great... I have a switchblade - it is now a back up - It's very loud... love my Andis UltraEdge clippers... And my Wahl Bravura, wouldn't change it for the world!!

Comment

OMG!!

OK- SO I ve looked at the kenchii I like those and the aussies those are nice too I couldnt find the c-mons Ill keep looking .I have the gieb cuves I KNOW I like those
                  But here the big question-what does it mean when they say: double hollow ground , and convex and honned and one more whats up with the 3 hole kind? I like they way those look but are they a pain? Im sorry for all the questions this is kind of confusing.

Comment

Working...
                  X