You Say Tomato, I Say Tomatoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Say Tomato, I Say Tomatoe

I know this is a little silly, but it always cracks me up. Why can't clients just say their dog needs to go to the bathroom or pee or something basic? Instead I get tee tee, sprinkles, rain showers, happy puddles, grunts, packages.... Maybe it's just the mom in me, but seriously you can say what your dog needs to do without a flowerly code name ; I won't be offended or embaressed. However, I wouldn't get the chance to have a inner chuckle with your code name for it if you did.

the are the same way with "private parts" I've heard some very creative names

One client called the vulva "valentine" , lol.

Comment

MANY yrs. ago, I had someone ask me to be careful of Susie...what? I ask my self, I thought the dogs name was Baby (or something else too sweet.) It turns out the ownber was talking about the little dogs privates......Susie??????????? who is Susie???????

Might it also be possible that when they are talking about the potty time, they could just remember to actually take the dog to potty before they came into the shop???? Sometimes I'd like to add-on the rolls of paper towels we go thru!

grumble, grumble, grumble....in actuality I am greatful for the work!

sittingpretty

Comment

I had one client refer to it as a "cookie." Took me a second to understand what he was talking about

Originally posted by neanea View Post
        the are the same way with "private parts" I've heard some very creative names

One client called the vulva "valentine" , lol.

Comment

How true! It is pretty interesting the things that we all come up with . I often refer to genitals with funny words too. Here are my favorites. "girl parts" poonani"(from an Indian word ,and probably spelled wrong, "foo-foo" Va-jayjay. A client once asked me to leave a tiny bit of hair on the end of her yorkie boys "pee shooter",when the boys get uhm..relaxed I call it the lipstick showing.
          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
          Quote:Cath

Comment

Ours is Virginia (instead of Vagina) :-)

My laugh is always with the guys who go to say something like "the dog needs to take a dump" and then realizes I am girl and tries to smooth it over, lol.

Comment

A long time ago and older lady called the vulva a rosebud. Turns out it liiks just like a rosebud, now I can't bring myself to bring roses near my face!!

Comment

I always call the little girl parts "Coochie"
                And the boys parts I call "little man" or "little manhood"

Clients seem to know what I'm talking about. I also just call them "privates" just depends on my mood and the client.
                Last edited by windfall4; 02-07-10, 10:54 PM.

Comment

I normally say for a boy "his man parts" or for a girl her private area.
                  it is so funny when a client is stumped and doesnt know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
                    MANY yrs. ago, I had someone ask me to be careful of Susie...what? I ask my self, I thought the dogs name was Baby (or something else too sweet.) It turns out the ownber was talking about the little dogs privates......Susie??????????? who is Susie???????

Might it also be possible that when they are talking about the potty time, they could just remember to actually take the dog to potty before they came into the shop???? Sometimes I'd like to add-on the rolls of paper towels we go thru!

grumble, grumble, grumble....in actuality I am greatful for the work!

sittingpretty
                    My Grandma called vaginas "susie's" I HATE that name now for people, or dogs. I actually can't say it without giggling to myself. I never got it. but she always called it that, and that's what my mom said she told them (my mom, and my aunt) to call it growing up.
                    Funny I never heard anyone else call it that until now
                    If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Because they are special and their dogs need to potty in code.
                      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

[Sibes bowing her head for a moment of prayer that her client never stumbles on this thread.....]

OK. I have this one rather well-to-do client w/ a beautiful, graceful Std. Poo.
                        When she walks into my yard....the screeching commences.
                        "MAKE A SISSY! MOMMY SAYS MAAAAKE A SISSSSSY! BE A GOOD GIRL FOR MOMMY AND MAAAAAAAAKE SOME SISSSSSSYYYYYY! WE ARE NOT GOING IN UNTIL YOU MAAAAKE SISSSY FOR MOMMY!"

Finally, the dog squats in submissive terror, and the reward screeching begins...."GOOD SISSSSY. YAY. YOU MADE A PRETTY SISSSSY. NOW WE CAN GO IN AND TELL BERNIE YOU MADE A SISSSSY".

Then the owner walks in, rips off her 40 lb. fur coat and tosses it on one of my sleeping kittys....making the kitty think they are being attacked by an airborne buffalo...and starts yelling all over again...."NOW MOMMY NEEDS TO MAKE SISSSSSY IN BERNIE'S RESTROOM. MOMMY BE RIGHT BACK AFTER SHE MAKES SISSSY. YOU BE GOOD GIRL WHILE MOMMY MAKES SISSSSSY..."

I ultimately approach my bathroom w/ a great level of caution after these episodes. My fear is one of these days...instead of "making a SISSY"....she's going to make a "BROTHER", and as I have no exhaust fan in there....I fear my house may implode.
                        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

The other day I said..."trim up her heine." I really got the terminology down. lol
                          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

It's funny. Me and the vet I work with were talking about this just the other day. Actually, it started off talking about how we bring technical/medical terminology into every day conversations and people thing we're being snotty or something. But she did mention she had the mother of a client, a well-to-do older woman, storm out of an exam room. Apparently she (the vet) was checking the dog over and happened to say, "I just checked over his testicles and they feel good." Maybe not the BEST way to say that...but still not 'storm' worthy!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                              [Sibes bowing her head for a moment of prayer that her client never stumbles on this thread.....]

...may implode.
                              OMGROFLMFAO! Can't......breathe.....

I think I made a sissy in my pants!
                              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Working...
                              X