Great compliment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great compliment

Just had to share this. I have a new goldendoodle that I have done twice, she's very young but great and mommy was very pleased with her groom. Well the other day she came in and was a little matted (mommy thought she was just getting a thick coat LOL) not a problem got them brushed out and groomed her without a problem. Mommy was great when she came in I suggested a new brush and comb plus advised her to use a coat spray when she brushed her. Well a week after she had come in mom stopped by to give me a thank you card with a gift card inside. She was so happy that I took the time to suggest products and grooming tips to her. It just tickled me to have someone really notice that I go the extra mile. I have a lot of great clients but it's so nice to hear that I'm doing something right.
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Gasp......... A client actuly HEARD what you said?! And followed through? oooooooooo it's the big one! lol Good for you, 1 down and 10000000 to go!
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Well Done!! And those great clients will pass the word along about how helpful you were.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

It makes it all worth it, doesn't it? Congrats on a good job and helping make the dog more comfortable between grooms - it's all about education!

Something similar happened to us last month. A client that we hadn't seen in almost two years called to make an appt. for his large lab mix. The last time we saw her she was in horrendous condition: grossly overweight, coat was thin, skin was inflamed, she was shy to the point of laying on the grooming table and wouldn't move. We talked to him about changing food (she was being fed a corn-based diet) and if that didn't work in a couple months, get her to the vet for blood tests - especially thyroid. I thought he was upset because we didn't see him again. When he called I expected the worst - surprise, I hardly recognized the dog!! She had dropped at least 25 lbs., her coat was gorgeous, skin was healthy and her personality had changed for the better - outgoing and happy. He actually took our advice, switched her to a good food without corn, wheat or soy and took her to the vet. She DID have a thyroid condition and is now on meds for life, but it has made her quality of life so much better. Sometimes people do listen, it makes my day!!

I'm not sure why he hadn't been back in all those months, I didn't ask - I was just so happy to see a healthy dog walk in our door!

Comment

We had something similar happen on friday. A lady came in with her yorki-poo, he comes in about every 4 weeks. He usually isn't matted, but this time he was pretty matted. (she's been having him wear sweaters at home) Anyway, when she dropped off we explained to her how to brush him correctly and told her what kind of brush to use ect ect. When she came to pick him up her and her husband brought us all McDonalds. It was so sweet. They are just the nicest people.

When you have clients like that it really makes this job worth it!

Comment

That is SO nice! Love clients like that. I actually had one YEARS ago show up on christmas eve. I had groomed her dog the day before and was surprised to see her, thought something was wrong. She handed me a $10 tip (which was alot way back when) and thanked me for telling her that her dogs ears had a strange smell and some debris in them and recommend a vet check. Her dogs ears were infected and she was just so thankful I had told her about them. I was stunned, but so grateful.
            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

That is so nice. Warms the cockles of my heart.
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I love love love it when a client goes out of their way to let me know they were happy with what I did. To me, a spontaneous phone call w/a special thank you is WAY better than a usual tip.

On the flip side, nothing feels worse than a phone call (especially from a regular) letting me know that they aren't happy w/that groom. About a year I got one of these calls from a client that has been w/me since I opened 15 yrs ago and has never had even the smallest gripe. I dont' know what we did differently that time they called and VERY nicely let me know the girls (2 TP's) just did't look good and didn't seem very clean.

That call just tore me up for days, even though Billy assured me they weren't mad and he even said 15 yrs w/only 1 complaint is a very good track record. He wouldn't even let me comp the next groom......that actually made me feel worse! About 6 months after the "bad call" he scared me to death by calling again but this time he was praising how good the girls looked......that call was really great cause even though they always coo and praise the girls at pick up they have never made a special call.

Come to think of it I think this was one of the first "happy" calls I got from regulars w/good feedback after I started using Whyb3.
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Whats a

cockle?

Comment

I love these stories! It makes me feel so good when people recognize what we do and all our extra care actually matters. I also have some really great clients and I appreciate them so much.

I just wanted to mention quick, there are so many occupations where people will go out of their way for you, from that person who waited on you at dinner, to the person who came to fix your internet connection, or anyone who came to your home to do anything at all... All service providers should be appreciated, and please let them know it!

Comment

Originally posted by epilady View Post
                      cockle?
                      Not really sure. lol It's just a phrase I heard and remembered.
                      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Cockle

You know cockle doodle doo! lol

Comment

Originally posted by epilady View Post
                          cockle?
                          You know, a cockle spaniel? DUH

(Just kidding, lol!)

Comment

defined on dictionary.com as

"cockles of one's heart, the depths of one's emotions or feelings: The happy family scene warmed the cockles of his heart"

cockles can also refer to a muscle that is heart shaped (the kind of muscles some people eat) or to wrinkle.
                            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

A shell fish.
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X