monthly or quarterly newletters to your customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monthly or quarterly newletters to your customers

anyone doing this service, providing a newsletter to their regular customers of upcoming events, specials, articles or whatever info....
    I was planning on starting a one page newsletter with pictures and treat recipes and just some basic behaviorial tips or even some pet first aid tips on a seasonal base.
    Calling anyone out there who is doing newsletters, let us know pro & cons
    thanks
    sandra

newsletter

I am trying the same thing, but with email. Might try a few mailed newsletters, but if stamps keep going up, won't do that for long.
    I think it is a great idea....great way to remind customers of vaccinations, pet themed activities in the area, etc.

Good Luck with it and I would love to hear how the response from your customers goes.

Amanda

Comment

Two students from the community colleges' business department in my town are doing a monthly newsletter for my store for free, we just started last week! Going to be focused on grooming, retail, useful info, etc. I'll can send pics of the progress when I get some. Really excited.

Comment

Love the newsletter idea...little long...sorry

I won't be opening up shop until mid-summer, but I thnk the newsletter idea is a great idea.

Knowing that most posters on this forum do not compete w/ each other, wouldn't it be a great idea, and less of a burden to pool our ideas to share the newletter for the most part and leave a section for local info.

I think we can all contribute, or rotate the responsibilities to write the bulk of the newletter, say... fill it w/ holisitc food ideas, heartworm and flea info, overheating, hypothermia (for outdoor dogs) and keep say, a small section of the page to focus on local news or specials from your own shop.

We can all contribute articles or just write the whole thing one month, and someone else can write next month. Everyone must write their own local section, but the bulk can be a team effort, thus enriching with new ideas from all over the country...and Canada too, eh?

or...

Admin can maybe open a section labeled 'Newsletter Entries' and we can all contribute and cut and paste out of it. Use it as an information pool. Maybe lock it with a password only open to contributors. Say, maybe you must dedicate yourself to one article a month or two to keep your password active.

I can write about dog food this month and chew toys next month (I never feed my mini schnauzer red chew sticks as they stain his face and paws). Someone can discuss allergies, smelly ears, digging, peeing, funny dog story. The list is endless.

Of course, we can develop ground rules...No discussion of prices, as to not undercut each other, but we can list discounts...

OK...I'm rambling.

28 days to board that plane home.
        30 days to my first hangover in 9 months

Comment

newsletter

Originally posted by JMarti521 View Post
          I won't be opening up shop until mid-summer, but I thnk the newsletter idea is a great idea.

Knowing that most posters on this forum do not compete w/ each other, wouldn't it be a great idea, and less of a burden to pool our ideas to share the newletter for the most part and leave a section for local info.

I think we can all contribute, or rotate the responsibilities to write the bulk of the newletter, say... fill it w/ holisitc food ideas, heartworm and flea info, overheating, hypothermia (for outdoor dogs) and keep say, a small section of the page to focus on local news or specials from your own shop.

We can all contribute articles or just write the whole thing one month, and someone else can write next month. Everyone must write their own local section, but the bulk can be a team effort, thus enriching with new ideas from all over the country...and Canada too, eh?

or...

Admin can maybe open a section labeled 'Newsletter Entries' and we can all contribute and cut and paste out of it. Use it as an information pool. Maybe lock it with a password only open to contributors. Say, maybe you must dedicate yourself to one article a month or two to keep your password active.

I can write about dog food this month and chew toys next month (I never feed my mini schnauzer red chew sticks as they stain his face and paws). Someone can discuss allergies, smelly ears, digging, peeing, funny dog story. The list is endless.

Of course, we can develop ground rules...No discussion of prices, as to not undercut each other, but we can list discounts...

OK...I'm rambling.

28 days to board that plane home.
          30 days to my first hangover in 9 months
          I would be game for that, It would make each individual alot less work on gathering different topics, working together would be a team effort.
          I'll contact administration
          sandra

Comment

We send out a four page newsletter twice a year. My husband does the whole thing. He even does a cartoon for it.

Comment

newsletter

Originally posted by elizabeth View Post
              Two students from the community colleges' business department in my town are doing a monthly newsletter for my store for free, we just started last week! Going to be focused on grooming, retail, useful info, etc. I'll can send pics of the progress when I get some. Really excited.
              I would love to view that, I plann on just posting my on my website and also printing some for the shop to handout and drop off at local medical offices by approval
              send me a message
              sandra

Comment

I actually do a newsletter and I hope that I am not breaking any rules (Stephen tell me if I am) but it is on the www.pawstapet.com website.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

We do a monthly news letter using Constant Contact. It only reaches the customers who have e-mail addresses, though. At almost $100 a pop for snail mail newsletters, using Constant Contact at $15 a month for unlimited e-mails is a bargain.
                  "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                  Laura Lee Ray
                  I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

I hand out my newsletter when I groom their dog, I find that they pass it on. I do mail about 5-10 a month to different people that I haven't heard from in a while- I will write something like "hope all is well, I miss Fifi, We miss you, etc".

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, but you are aware that barkliegh sells groomograms? They are qurterly if I remeber right. But I do like that everyone would have input, it would be more personal, and knowing certain people fuunnnyyyyy!
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
                        But I do like that everyone would have input, it would be more personal, and knowing certain people fuunnnyyyyy!
                        So maybe we could talk PuppyFluffer into writing the whole thing for us until her back heals.

Comment

Puppy does need something to do, she organized her SOCKS ! Maybe she should travel and organize my head.
                          ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I do a newsletter quarterly and it really encourages people to come in for a groom. The con is the cost, but the increased income makes up for it. I also put newsletters in the vet's offices and local restaurants. I now have so many clients with email I can save a chunk on postage and send them a pdf version.

Comment

newsletter

Originally posted by Max'sMom View Post
                              I do a newsletter quarterly and it really encourages people to come in for a groom. The con is the cost, but the increased income makes up for it. I also put newsletters in the vet's offices and local restaurants. I now have so many clients with email I can save a chunk on postage and send them a pdf version.
                              Thanks for the information, I would like to start on a quarterly base, only because my most common return customers are on a 8 week schedule.
                              It's amazing what you can do now with the internet to reach people now!
                              sandra from maine

Comment

Working...
                              X