iPhone app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone app

I was browsing new apps for my iPhone yesterday and happened to come across a pretty neat one. It's an app for grooming -clients-. It shows pictures of, and explains different hair cuts for their dog by body part. For instance you can pick 'head' and it'll show you the list of the different head styles as well as several pictures of different dogs in that style. You can select which one you like, then move on to a new body part. In the end, you're supposed to be able to mix and match to get the style you want and then it ends up with instructions and a picture that you can show to your groomer when you go in to get your dog clipped. I didn't actually download it yet so I'm not sure how good it is but I certainly think it's a neat idea!

Do u know what the app was called? was it a free app? Sounds interesting!
    I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

The name of the app is DoggyStarStyles and it's by XThunder. It costs $3.99 (which is why I haven't downloaded it yet) but it certainly seems like it might be a useful tool to help clients be able to show us what they want for their pets.

Comment

Sounds awesome! It can't be too bad since they charge $3.99 for it! The only problem I forsee with using it with clients is that they will see a style that works for a certain hair type that their dog does not have. But that's easy to deal with (just only use with supervision J/K and chat with the client), if you download it a try it out let us know.

Comment

Looks neat just checked it out. Not the greatest pictures to show to get someone to buy it they need to show some better photos. Like the idea.
          "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
          and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
          www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

it would be neat if u could add your own pictures to the app. (maybe u can - who knows). Not everybody's idea of a puppy trim or teddy bear trim is the same. Would also be nice to be able to show our own work as examples to your customers.

I'm not brave enough to buy the application yet though.
            I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Ok, I downloaded it since I had tons of itune gift cards and don't bother. I think the pictures aren't even of good grooming.

Example: on body it says #4 blade and has a picture of a doodle and you can't even see the length of the hair, there is a big bandana that is the focus of the picture.

Comment

Well, this particular app might not be that great but I do think it's a lovely idea! Actually, it got me thinking about how amaaaaazing a Notes From the Grooming Table app would be! Like, not just with the beautiful images from the book, but pictures of live dogs in the cuts as well. I think the app that is there now is neat just because it gives clients a -base- idea of what they want. I was thinking about how much I could have used it yesterday when I new client handed me her dog and just could NOT think of or articulate what she wanted. She ended up just handing me the dog and saying 'do your thing'.

Comment

Working...
                X