Reason's why I love my job..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason's why I love my job..

I was just wanting to ask and see what are some of your top reasons why you love what you do. I was hoping to be able to get a "top list" put together. I can start out with saying...

I love my profession because:
    1. I can make a matted dog feel better
    2. It's harder then what you think
    3. It is something I want to wake up and do every day

Okay, what do you all have? Anything to add? <3

Dogs may have a little attitude towards being groomed at times, but at least they go back to loving on you within minutes of being done.

They don't complain when I tell them the price for dematting.

I can work around my daughters health issues

who wouldn't want to play with puppies ALL DAY?!
    (okay but you all know that's what we get asked more than anything)
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

1.) Doing something I love
      2.) the joy of a flea-free, matt-free, happy, healthy groomed pet, and the reward of how happy they look and feel!
      3.) making my own schedule

Comment

I LOVE my job because dogs are better humans than most humans! I've never been bit at without an apology later.

I get a creative outlet where I can be artistic and wacky, but also "old school" all at once.

It's always different every single day.

It's constantly challenging me and making me become a better groomer and person as well.

I can use it as an excuse for being weird if I want.

The more I learn about dogs, the more I learn about people.

I'm good at it!

There's always something more to learn.
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

And those are SOME REALLY good reasons!

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
          I LOVE my job because dogs are better humans than most humans! I've never been bit at without an apology later.

I get a creative outlet where I can be artistic and wacky, but also "old school" all at once.

It's always different every single day.

It's constantly challenging me and making me become a better groomer and person as well.

I can use it as an excuse for being weird if I want.

The more I learn about dogs, the more I learn about people.

I'm good at it!

There's always something more to learn.
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
          Apparently common sense isn't all that common
          *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I love my job

because I am always able to get better.
            because it is artistic.
            because I make my own schedule.
            because I love dogs.
            because I get kisses during my work day (very few professions can boast that)
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I have had a special connection with animals as long as I have memories.

I am good at it and it makes me feel special to be good at it : )

I can make better money than many other jobs that are far less rewarding.

I love making a stinky, dirty, tangled pup into a fresh, clean and cute one that gets ooed and awed over - this reaction makes my DAY.

I enjoy not working with other people...I enjoy the peace and quiet of working alone and the dogs behave well when I am in a peaceful state of mind. (Not that I don't like people, but I focus better and stay relaxed without other people around).

Comment

Why do I love my job....

Dogs are better then people.

Where else do you get to hug your clients when youre feeling down.

The excitement when I get out a bandana and they know they are done

The excitement of dogs who LOVE to get groomed and immediatly run to me and lick me when they come in the door.

Im good at it

Its only one of two jobs I have had where I look forward to doing it every day.

PUPPY KISSES!!!

and pictures are worth a thousand words ...
                Attached Files

Comment

It's a challenge
                  Dogs don't complain
                  Creativity
                  Being around dogs
                  Different every day
                  I just love the whole job!

Comment

1. I am a pets first line of denfense- I will see the pet more often than the vet.

2. Pets don't back stab and don't give into gossip.

3. Pet's look at me like I am a genius and every word I say is gospel.

4. Even when I knicked a dog, I cried and she licked my tears.

Comment

I LOVE bringing my dogs to work with me

Comment

1. I love watching my Aussies run to the fence when I drive by in their house in my mobile.

2. I love seeing them still sittng there in the same place waiting for me after I leave their neighbor's house.

3. I love the big, toothy smiles I get from my two Yorkie boys when it's their turn for a groom.

4. I love people saying their dogs are so much happier since I've been been grooming them.

5. I LOVE the money I can make being mobile.

6. I love that I can cross off a day in advance for a day off with the kids.

Comment

:-)

I love what everyone has put out! A lot of these are very true! Thanks for sharing! Let's keep them coming! :-D <3

Comment

"Even when I knicked a dog, I cried and she licked my tears."

This melted my heart, no one more forgiving or a better picker upper than a dog

Getting to be with dogs everyday.
                            Even when dogs don't enjoy being groomed they forgive you five seconds after.
                            Doggy kisses.
                            I am new so I am still quite slow so I am enjoying the snuggle time after grooms waiting for the parents to come.
                            The parents' reaction to how great the dog looks.
                            How great the dog feels after and that little bit of extra pep in their step after a new do!
                            Challenging yet rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by PamperedPup View Post
                              "Even when I knicked a dog, I cried and she licked my tears."

This melted my heart, no one more forgiving or a better picker upper than a dog
                              Her name is Maggie May and I still groom her every 3 weeks and have for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X