Pasadena Groom Expo 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasadena Groom Expo 2010

Yay! I just booked my room for the show, we are 3.5 miles away. Anyone familiar with this area that wants to share good places to eat, stuff to see, etc? I am sure other members attending would love to read what fun there is to be had in the area, too...

I love downtown Pasadena! It's right around where the expo is located, I just like to walk around and see what comes my way. I will try to get some names for you, usually I don't pay too much attention, but there is a FABULOUS Indian restaurant in the heart, and a really yummy spanish coffee shop...there is a indie movie theater, and of course a lot of brand name stores. Disneyland isn't too far (about 20 min in Anaheim), that's always popular. Beach, (maybe 30 min depending on traffic?) though its really cold now! If you want to drive a little bit out of your way, the next city over is Eagle Rock and there is a BANGIN' cafe/bakery called Auntie Em's that I promise has the best red velvet cupcakes that will ever pass through your mouth. Sooooo good! Oh man.

http://www.auntieemskitchen.com/index.html <--love this place.
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

OOOh thank you! Me likey red velvet cake...ooh la la.

We live in the desert so I thought that a beach walk would be a nice treat, even if it is cold : )

Comment

Huntington is a fun beach. If you take the 57 to the 5 to the 55 where it ends, turn right on PCH (Hwy 1) and keep going til you hit Main street there is a pier and straight up Main there are shops and restaurants all over. Or Balboa has a Fun Zone with lower scale rides and such.
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

You can go to yelp.com and put in pasadena ca and whatever you're looking for. It's a review site that's excellent and pretty reliable. We use it a lot wherever we go. See you in Pasadena!
          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Due to me working for Laube in the Wags booth and speaking- will someone PLEASE bring me a red velvet cupcake??? sounds awesome :-) The only thing that I love more than red velvet is german chocolate with real coconut flakes :-)

Anyway, I am up to meeting anyone for dinner :-)

K

Comment

I could be

available Sat. Evening. Still the area is so very crowded on Sat. Nights that I'm not sure if that is workable. I'll have to ponder this and get any of your ideas.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Gracy, I will bring you a cupcake if I can.

Comment

Don't have to go to E. Rock for that cupcake, Dots is right down the street. That is all this little place makes and they are banging!
                  Old Town does get busy on the weekends but well worth the visit. You can also go to Santa Monica pier and Third Street.
                  Maybe up for dinner on Friday night if anyone is interested.

Comment

I like the gourmet grocery store nearby. I think it's called Gerard's. I saved so much $ eating there instad of eating out every night last year. They have a sushi station in the back of the store with a real sushi chef making it and putting it out. They also have a really good hot deli. I had a full Thanksgiving dinner right in my hotel room in front of the TV the last night I was there.

Comment

You are on for dinner.

Originally posted by PawsBdd View Post
                      Maybe up for dinner on Friday night if anyone is interested.
                      Definitely. I am on my own and would love to meet up with other pg.com folks. Hopefully we can get a group together.

Comment

Looks

like only Friday available for Paws. We have our So. Cal. Groomers association meeting on Friday evening so I won't be doing that on Friday.
                        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I'll be there on Sat with my daughter. Look for us...we'll have Boba the portie with us. Jodi is grooming him in the portie class.

If you get to Santa Monica, take a walk on Main Street. It's very fun there. Hubby and I lived there for three years before we were married. I love California.

Comment

I'm there all day Sunday with my Standard! Dunno what Lisa's gonna do to him...but if you see a doofy, cream colored poodle with his tongue sticking out at all times, that's my boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
                              I like the gourmet grocery store nearby. I think it's called Gerard's. I saved so much $ eating there instad of eating out every night last year. They have a sushi station in the back of the store with a real sushi chef making it and putting it out. They also have a really good hot deli. I had a full Thanksgiving dinner right in my hotel room in front of the TV the last night I was there.
                              Oops. the grocery store is called Gelson's.

Comment

Working...
                              X