feliway and your respiratory tract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feliway and your respiratory tract

Has anyone ever used the feliway diffuser or similiar difusser and noticed trouble with their sinuses?

I just started using one last week and don't know if it's related or just a coincidence and we all have a cold but my husband, myself and the dog have been congested and coughing, since about a day after plugging this in.

I know the package says doesn't affect humans or other animals but cant help but wonder.

I use Feliway at home (2 diffusers) and have for quite a while. I haven't had any issues and I have many chemical sensitivities. I also have the spray at work and will spray the place before cats come in for grooming. My bather hasn't ever had a problem either, and she has asthma. The poor girl actually ended up walking through the room, right where I had sprayed five seconds before and got it all over her. She didn't have any problems with breathing.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

What is a Feliway diffuser?

sittinjgpretty

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
        What is a Feliway diffuser?

sittinjgpretty
        Direct from their website:

"What is Feliway®?

Feliway® is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone, used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure.

By mimicking the cat’s natural facial pheromones, Feliway® creates a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment.

As a result, Feliway® can be used to help comfort and reassure cats while they cope with a challenging situation and help prevent or reduce the stress caused by a change in their environment."

The diffuser is plugged into an outlet - works like a plug-in airfreshener.
        "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Probably caught another virus from the grandchildren that just happened to coincide with us plugging in the feliway.

I hope it works cause I still found one urine marking still.

Comment

Working...
          X