Groomer Idols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer Idols

Hey I just thought this might be fun, but as a groomer who do you admire/look up to most? Who would be that grooming superstar hanging on your wall (next to you NKOTB or Leif Garret poster) or on your lunchbox?

Personally I'd have a Chis Pawlosky lunch box since I've always admired her work, class and just being a plain nice gal. Then in addition to her I'd have a few Jay Scuggs and Sue Zecco posters. They just make it all look so easy!

Shirlee Kalstone (because I love her poodle book) and Barbara Bird (because I love her blog)!

I have not had the opportunity to see many of these pro groomers in action, so I read a lot!
    Last edited by Alice; 02-01-10, 11:58 AM.

Comment

B Bird and daryl conner. I like my idols down home with a sense of humor.

Comment

I would have Chris Pawlosky also....had the honor to work for her . It was the best experience I ever had....

Trish

Comment

Mine would have to be.........

YOU GUYS are every time you post a pic or answer a question of mine no matter how dumb it is I hope to be half the groomer of you all on this forum!!!!!!!
          Thank you all for sharing your years of experiance with all the nebies like myself . Dog people are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lisa Leady and Jay Scruggs Oh Oh Oh wait a minute I also LOVE Jody Murphy. Gosh I don't have to pick just one do I???

Humanitarian award goes to GottaloveGracie for taking such good care of SmartnPretty during her ordeal. Giving a big hats off to you gals in Wisconsin.
            ~*~Robin~*~
            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I really like this thread.

Mine would be Daryl Connor and Jodi Murphy.

Comment

Lisa Leady, oh well all of them named so far!
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Groomer Idols

I don't usually go in for this kind of thing but certainly we are lucky to have some great groomers out there who graciously share their knowledge and experiences. But I think you have overlooked the best, Liz Paul.

I learned alot from Liz, only wish she was still here. She was always willing to share some hints and tidbits of knowledge.

sittingpretty

Comment

Mine is Liz Paul.

Comment

Lisa Leady would be mine.

Comment

For sure Liz Paul.... and Sally Hawks and Ann Martin.... she was one of my certifiers years ago and gave me some good advice. Thanks Ladies!

Comment

I'm off to the left here, but Dawn Omboy is my hero. And, I have told her that!! LOL!
                          She was the first creative groomer i was exposed to when I started grooming 5 years ago or so, and she has been very sweet to me and is just a nice person all around

Comment

Mine are a couple of peoply y'all have never heard of.

First is Jane Ellis. She's the person who first took me under her wing and gave me a chance. I only wish I'd had more chances to thank her for all she did.

Second is Meg Williamson. Her grooming is exquisit, her knowledge and professionalism is an example to all who know her. And she breeds a damned fine Dachshund, too.

Comment

I can't play favouritisms when I have learned so much from most of you here. You all are my idol!
                              I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Working...
                              X