So I got the model dog????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got the model dog????????

I am doing the crazy model dog in APF and was just wondering if I can get some tips from those of you that have done these dogs before. It is half brushed out and I am kinda hating the thing. I won't give out any clues to what I am ding but any tips would be get.
    Sniff the Paw

Originally posted by darbygoo View Post
    I am kinda hating the thing.
    ....any tips would be get.
    LMAO! Sorry, no advice here that doesn't start w/ "Snap a 30 blade on your clippers......"
    Good luck. Guess I know what you'll be doing ALL weekend. Brushing "Your Little Puppy".
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Just don't pull it's leg off!
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

brush brush brush, that's the key to a great looking model dog, save the hair that falls out and practice dying it. I usde blow pens and chalk but I know that some people used manic panic but I'm not sure if they rinsed it or just let it dry on the dog and then brushed it out. Good luck
        "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
        and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
        www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

brush brush

I pulled the tail off right away so be careful. I use mine a dog shows so groomers can test there scissors after we sharpen them. I didnt like the fact that I spent 3hrs brushing the crazy thing and still had more to go , so I gave up!!!!

Comment

Too bad you can't soak these with conditioner and blow them out like a real dog

Comment

Originally posted by dogandi View Post
              I pulled the tail off right away so be careful. I use mine a dog shows so groomers can test there scissors after we sharpen them. I didnt like the fact that I spent 3hrs brushing the crazy thing and still had more to go , so I gave up!!!!
              I would NEVER use freshly sharpened scissors on a model dog. It ruins them immediately! Yikes!

Comment

Japaneese Students said...

I was at Intergroom...what....4 years ago? There were about twenty students from Japan who were there to show off the benefits of doing Model Dogs.
                First: Their presentation was delightful, lovely, cool.
                Second: Their Dogs and their sets were fun, exciting, charming.
                Third: From what I could understand, they train on Model Dogs at Grooming School.
                They must hold their tools lightly when they brush the Model Dogs. If their hands become tense then the yarn will come out and the coat will fall apart.
                The third thing I learned from the students...outside under the cherry blossoms. They were killing time playing cards and having fun. I was having a smoke now and then.
                I took with me from them ..."LET THE TOOL DO THE WORK! LET THE TOOL DO THE WORK! LET THE TOOL DO THE WORK!"
                Those kids were charming but so consistent in their info...to paraphrase..."Hold your slicker with a light hand and LET THE TOOL DO THE WORK!"
                That's what I learned to do from them, but what I am trying to share with those of you that are doing the Model Dogs...is that the students from Japan learned to "hold the slicker loosely, and let the tool do the work." in their schools.
                Their presentation was cool. Their conversation during the day when they were hanging out is what stuck with me. I drill this into my customers' heads and they are really good at brushing out their dogs.

Comment

Working...
                X