I need help coping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help coping

Today I had a rotten day. I had to groom my favorite grooming cat. After being put down. She had died in the operating room. I guess she had been hit by a car and had some internal injuries. She couldn't be saved. The owners wanted to bury her at home. My boss asked me to clean her up and give her a regular groom. It was soooo hard. She was a himalayan. That cat talked to me every time I groomed her. I bathed her with no problem. She just layed in the tub. When I used the HV dryer on her she was very vocal but would roll over on her belly & let me continue drying her. When I would start the long process of brushing and combing I would hit a matt and I swear she said ou ou. While grooming her today was so hard. I rolled up a towel and put it under her head just like I do my sedated cats. I cried the whole time. I just kept expecting her to talk to me. Sorry this is so long I just needed to tell someone that would understand.

So sorry you had to go through that, but I'm so very glad that you did. I'm sure that family truly appreciated your effort and kindness during such a difficult time. Please take some comfort in knowing you did a good thing for a very sad family. I've done a couple of grooms like that as well and will do it again if asked.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry you lost a dear friend. It hurts groomers to loose one so special, and then to groom the body, it was love, I couldn't have . Glad you gave the family some comfort.
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

OMG I'm so glad you were able to do that. I'm pretty sure that I could not. What a wonderful and special gift to give to the sorrowful owners. I don't think owners know sometimes just how much we love their pets.
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

om my goodness,im so sorry i dont know if i could have done what you did you are very strong and compassionate person,im sure the owners appreciated it very much

Comment

No question that what you did for the owners made a big difference. I'm just sorry that you had to soldier on through that. You did a very, very nice thing. Feel better.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I'm so sorry. It hurts tremendously to lose one, especially to trauma. Poor dear kitty.
              I've done it, and I've wept through the whole process - and years later, I'm really glad to have done it. It gave me a chance to say goodbye and to do my bit to ease the owner's pain also. They will appreciate your kindness.

Comment

What a wonderful gift to be strong enough to give the family. All Kitties Go to Heaven.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

WOW! you are so brave I would have said no for sure.There is no way I could have mustered through that.I dont have it in me .you have major karma points comming your way for sure!

Comment

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but that was such a gift for the kitty's parents. I hope you're feeling better. Big hugs to you long distance.

Comment

Wow, I'm so sorry, that must have been very hard on you, what a tough position to be in, god bless. As for the vet and the owners...are they F***ing nuts? I would have said no.

Comment

That's so sad. You are very kind.

Comment

I have done that too; it is very hard,but it is such a gift to the family.
                          Deidre

Comment

I have done that one time. It was with my favorite poodle, Gucci! It was hard but at the same time it was closure for me. To be able to hold him one more time and send him to heaven "handsome". He LOVED to be handsome! The owner (little old lady) called me the day she was putting him down and asked if I would come with her to the vet. I said sure....then she spoke up and said "will ya groom him after he's gone. I would hate for him to spend eternity looking like a pound pup". I thought it a bit odd and almost said no. but he hadn't been groomed in a while. he was old and couldn't handle grooming very well anymore. So, even though I didn't want to I did! It felt GOOD. It really did. That was the first time in a long time he wasn't uncomfortable for grooming. And he did really, really like to be groomed in his prime. So I groomed and cried and groomed and cried some more...
                            so I feel your pain. It is hard to do and I give you a ton of credit for doing it.
                            Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                            Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

glad there are places

Like forums to be able to talk about things like this...people just want to hear about the puppies you played with. and when you work at a vet they don;t wanna hear the bad stuff like that puppy coming in with parvo and died. When you loose an awesome friend ( the people are the clients)it is like a punch in the stomach .bravo to you for doing that

Comment

Working...
                              X