Could someone please remind me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone please remind me

Why again do I have pets??? I know there was a thread on this recently about our pets driving us crazy, but [email protected]!!! I am ready to KILL mine! I think I need a vacay away from them! I have an old standard that I am about ready to put down because he keeps having accidents-none this morning, but he runs up from the kennel before he has done his business and then realizes he has to ****, so he craps all over the back porch and everybody STEPS in it for crying out loud (plus he is getting really weak too)! Then it is all over my HOUSE! OMG, I am having a morning-I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day! Then there is the cat that vomits all of the time. She is healthy as a horse, she has done this her whole life-will eat too much food too fast and puke-plus she is the hairball queen. I have tried different foods, and some are better than others-like the one she is on now, she at least doesn't puke ALL the time, but more often than any other cat I have ever had! Then there is the UTI thing in my male cats. WTH? Why this? I feed good food, and have even started feeding my one male cat canned food for the extra water in his diet to keep him flushed out-the other one won't eat canned food. Pixel is humping the old dog cuz it is easy to dominate a dog that can't hardly stand up anymore, I guess. Winter and Aaron lick the dog beds and the floors INCESSANTLY! Oh, and Aaron peed all over the floor this morning-I didn't realize it, and everyone stepped in it-and tracked it all over my house...people wonder why I won't walk around my house barefoot! I clean it up, but I am sure that I MISS spots with as much as I am cleaning up! I can't mop the whole FREAKING house every time someone has an accident! Geesh, you'd think I never let these dogs out or something!

And don't get me even started on my KID! Grrr! Throws homework and papers on my desk-no explanation of what they are and I am just supposed to automatically KNOW what I am supposed to do with this stuff! Then he gets upset because he doesn't know where stuff is. I don't think this kid could be any less organized if he tried! He really is a good kid, but so damn disorganized! Loses stuff ALL the time, then gets mad cuz he isn't going to win some stupid prize or contest or something!

Okay, before you all think I have gone off the deep end, I really do love 'em all, but they are SERIOUSLY driving me insane at the moment. I WANT PEACE!!! Okay, I am done now.

Ahhh the joys of winter.

Too cold for the dogs to be out excercising or in the kennel. They've been cooped up in the house for months; it's 17 degrees outside and no one wants to go out to potty; when they do, they shake on the doorstep like you are killing them. Then you get to deal with the random pile of poop on the door threshold cause someone was too cold to walk 3 steps from the door to go potty.

I feel your pain.

Comment

Peace is highly overrated, so is a clean house. Seriously take a day and go get a pedicure, ltrade with someone to look after the kids, 4 and 2 legged. Hope you feel better!
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Living in a house with 8 very high energy Bengals, some mornings are completely out of control. The jumping, the chasing, the knocking of things off the counters, the little spats, you name it. There are mornings I want to pull my hair out.

But like you, I love them all and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Scott

Comment

My life tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could have been a post written by me....
          Sounds just like my life and another gal on here, good things come to those that wait.
          My dog is peeing all over everything and now needs a male tummy wrap to end the urine on the couch, yes they are allowed on the couch! The other 2 dogs bark at everything and do it non stop all the time. The kids moved out but took only half their stuff with them and left the rest for me to deal with. They come home to do laundry but leave with the dryer full, the washer full and baskets of clothes all over the place, this is in my porch where I greet my clients! I have had it too.
          Get yourself an MP3 player and use it, it blocks out the barking, get some training pads, and the dogs will use them most of the time, and get a swiffer wet jet and not the stuff that goes in it, use it to clean up urine and spray with lysol cleaner then wipe again.
          Air fresheners do wonders and so do scented candles!

Take a day off and hire someone to come in and babysit everyone, and maybe clean up a bit while you go get your nails done, or a haircut...just escape for awhile!
          Good luck, welcome to my world, and don't worry, as bad as it seems, it won't kill you, which sometimes I am just wishing it woud to put me out of my misery LOL!

Lisa
          AKA Gluergirl / Little_Critters on e-groomer

Comment

Did you get it all out? Okay, now remember that if your wish was granted and you got peace, after a few weeks, you would be wandering around that big empty house, wondering what to do with yourself ;-) I have 2 teenagers still at home, 12 cats, 11 dogs and a batch of puppies...so I can REALLY feel your pain. You need a weekend holiday (no dogs!) and by the end of it, I'll bet you'll want to go home! ;-)
            "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
              Peace is highly overrated, so is a clean house. Seriously take a day and go get a pedicure, ltrade with someone to look after the kids, 4 and 2 legged. Hope you feel better!
              And it is all still the same when you get back home! LOL I understand Veronica, I keep thinking maybe 4 dogs is too many! I have not had any accident issues, luckily, but I am constantly having to tell the dogs to stop doing something. Rex chewing on Lola up and down her back makes me nuts, she does not mind, I think she likes it really, Augie contantly whining about laying on he couch because Lola is on there and he won't dare go there if she is. Funny thing is it has been going on so long that Lola is probably sick of it too, because now she just gets off the darn couch. He will whine all the time, to go out, to be petted, to have water or food. He just went out, he just drank the whole bowl of water, ate an hour ago. Any little noise the barking starts, when one barks they all start. Brody wants to stay out all the time, wont come in, stands at the door and then runs back to the yard. I have been trying to let them all out seperatly, as to not have chaos and noone does their business. If Rex goes without Brody, Brody has to run back and forth to all the windows and bark and scream like he is dieing. Humping is a whole other issue! I love them all to death too, and it feels good to vent, and as I sit here writing this post, I have 4 sleepers, three of which are on the couch with me, ahhhhhh.......silence! Oh darn, Augie just got of the couch (and is whining) LOL
              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Ok the pooping thing can be remedied by going out and monitoring the dog and making sure he goes before you let him back up to the house. The licking can be caused by bordem and not enough oral stimulation (IE chew toys that the dog likes, assuming they are dogs?) even if you have a ton of toys there is going to be certian ones they prefer over the others. Walk them and keep them occupied. Do you have your cats on a specific food for urinary issues? A good food isnt alway the issue. My cats were on Innova for the longest time and one was constantly getting UTIs, Now they are on Royal Canine S/O which is not the best food but its keeping the urinary problems at bay. Specially in males you need to be careful since if they have stones or sediment in their urine they can become blocked which can be fatal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindredkiss View Post
                  Ok the pooping thing can be remedied by going out and monitoring the dog and making sure he goes before you let him back up to the house. ... Specially in males you need to be careful since if they have stones or sediment in their urine they can become blocked which can be fatal.
                  Toys and rawhides are good and all, but I will have fights and/or dogs EATING the toys-which would most likely cause a $1500 (or more) bowel obstruction surgery for me, lol. I monitor and make sure he goes outside, the problem is that he will come running back up, and won't make it back to the kennel to go-it comes on really fast for him cuz he's old-he just has to go when he has to go, lol. As for the UTI thing, this particular cat breaks out into a rash or gets diarrhea when on certain foods-I don't know what causes it. I have him on S/D right now for a few weeks, then I am going to try him on a regular food again, hopefully. I am hoping it was just a fluke! I know how dangerous they can be for the males, so I keep a good close eye on both of them!

Anywho, I am feeling much better than this morning, some days I just wake up wishing I had a different life, lol. But, alas, I am a sucker and love the darned things. Wish I didn't sometimes, life would be so much easier, lol. I just needed a sounding board that felt my pain, lol

Comment

I hear ya.

I was just thinking to myself a few weeks ago how nice it would be to have no dogs, my husband and I could travel more, not have to worry about getting home to let dogs out... and then I go and get a new dog last friday. And not just any new dog, an old farty one. Lol. One that needs to go out MORE, like every few hours. I now have five, yes, FIVE dogs in my condo (so much for that one dog limit). Jeff is taking it surprisingly well... must have something to do with that brand new racing bike he bought a few weeks ago (that I had NO idea about.... and about crapped my pants when I googled the price tag). I feel like I am a kennel worker 24/7, always preparing 5 different dog dishes, doling out meds and supplements, applying special spray to Eli's butt where he's been chewing, trying to get the medicine dropper in Wheezie's mouth, cleaning up after her, cleaning up the occaisional pee spot from aforementioned old farty dog, cleaning up Eli's little puke spots (too much water + running like a crazed beast = puke), washing dog beds, cleaning water dishes, walking dogs, picking up poo, crating them for the night. Get up in the morning, start all over.

Sigh. Wouldn't it be nice to have no dogs? lol.
                    Its bad enough with my small dogs, I can't imagine your jumbo sized ones!

Comment

I have an OCD pitbull that will not stop licking the furniture, floors, beds, bowls, peoples pants. She has tons of toys, and brothers to play with, she just won't stop. I feel you there, I really do. It drives me crazy!
                      As far as the cat eating too quick and puking, my friend's cat used to do that, and she was told to put a tennis ball in the food bowl. The cat hasn't thrown up since. Try that if you haven't already.
                      Some days my pets drive me insane. I have two boys hat have decided that they eed to fgure out which one is better, and my pitbull is 12 and arthritic and going blind. My poodle has also recently started marking, he has never done that. It is driving me insane. They are all trained, obedient dogs.
                      Soon it will be spring and it won't be so bad Good Luck

Comment

I am so glad I am not the only one that wants to go on "household strike" from time to time. You made me feel sooooooo much better Thank you!
                        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

While emptying out the dishwasher this morning, our boxer decided to leap in there to see what's going on and slobbered over all the dishes to lick the water up. Definitely feel your pain.

Also, the tennis ball works, and if the cat is good at moving it out, then open it slightly, fill with water and freeze. They can't move it really well then.

Comment

I cannot WAIT to see what GLG writes! LOL!
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

[QUOTE=winterroo;385609]Why again do I have pets??? I know there was a thread on this recently about our pets driving us crazy...... so he craps all over the back porch and everybody STEPS in it for crying out loud (plus he is getting really weak too)! Then it is all over my HOUSE! OMG, I am having a morning-I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day!...... Pixel is humping the old dog cuz it is easy to dominate a dog that can't hardly stand up anymore, I guess. QUOTE]>>>

Yup sounds like my life. It feel's good to vent once in awhile doesn't it! This will make you smile I have an ancient very small white dog named Lili she is my avatar. anyway, she chases the cat around trying to hump her. WTH? And she is the kitty box crunchy queen, making abeeline for every litter box in the house. I can't tell you how many she has dumped because they are up higher so she doesn't get ino them, but she manages to pull them off of the shelves or boxes I've put them up on. Oh, and I have a goose that poops all over my porch....
                              I laughed at your story, I hope mine makes you chuckle. You know misery love company.

Comment

Working...
                              X