Omg!! She Wants To Come Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg!! She Wants To Come Back

Please tell me, what's a groomer to do? I had the typical old lady w/poodle who's been a client for about 4 years and every year I raise my prices $2 and it take about three visits to get the correct amount w/out complaining. She waits in the parking lot because her poodle cant be done fast enough. So this year she went home after her appt and called me later that afternoon and said she wasnt happy w/her cut (not short enough). I always ask clients if their pet looks ok before they pay me and she liked the cut when she paid me. After talking w/her for a few min. realizing nothing was going to make her happy I just said look I it sounds like the real problem is that I raised my prices and I sorry your not happy with the service I've given you these past few years because I really dont think you are going to find someone who will treat you and missy as well as I have for as little as I have so i will send you your check and consider this your free groom and you should look for a new groomer. So I look at the books to see whos coming in next week and she is on there. I am the only groomer and the girl who answers the phones didnt know. WHat am I goning to do? Please help!!!!!

I wouldn't have refunded her groom, I would've asked her to come back so you can shorten it more.

Then tell her that nothing seems to make her happy and point to the yellow pages so she can choose a groomer who does.

Call her, ask why she even wants to come back if you can't seem to make her happy. Tell her your not accepting her back because you already refunded the grooming and will just end up losing money again.

Comment

I don't think I would take the dog back in. I'd call her and tell her to find another "chump".

Comment

Why are groomers so quick to give their money away??? Stop under-valuing your work!!!!!!

Comment

easy breezy

Dial her number and tell her there was a mix up, and you will NOT be
          groomer her sweety anymore, did she not understand you?
          Of course she did. She got a free groom.
          Fool you once shame on her.
          Fool you twice shame on you.

Not even if she offered to pay you back the last groom.
          noooooooo.

Comment

raise her price more. have the dog on the table and clippers out when she come in and ask her if she wants more off. Tell her if she is not happy, now is the time and there are no more refunds.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Is it possible you're dealing with a person who might be just a little senile? If so, groom the dog and blow off the complaints.

Otherwise, call her and explain there's been a mistake. You told her you wouldn't groom her dog because she's never happy, and she needs to make other arrangements.

Ooooorrrr, you could shave the dog bald and ask her if it's short enough now.

Comment

I'd let her know you can do the dog shorter within a day. NO REFUND, you did the work and deserve to be paid. How would you handle a different client that wasn't short enough? Just make it shorter, right. Unfortunately, some clients need more finessing then others. Raise her price again and stand behind your work. No refund b/c she didn't get a bad haircut just not a short enough haircut. Good Luck!!

Comment

I had a client once that brought her dog back in a few days after the groom and said I didn't shorten and round the face enough. She wasn't impolite, just wanted me to "fix" it. I make notes after each groom regarding customers' reactions to the grooms. She was delighted with the cut initially, which I pointed out to her, and I said, "I would have gladly redone it when you were here the other day." I told her there would be a small additional charge for the re-do as it would require a little time (this dog is a head bobber). She then decided she actually liked it fine the way it was and she left. I should have said, "So when you have a meal at a restaurant and go back 3 days later to say the food wasn't as good as you expected, do they give you a free meal on the spot?"

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                    Is it possible you're dealing with a person who might be just a little senile? If so, groom the dog and blow off the complaints.

Otherwise, call her and explain there's been a mistake. You told her you wouldn't groom her dog because she's never happy, and she needs to make other arrangements.

Ooooorrrr, you could shave the dog bald and ask her if it's short enough now.
                    I agree! Once when my mother was grooming she had just done a poodle and I guess she had done it really nice job, and the owner came back and said the topknot was not short enough. Well, I guess my mother's boss was fed up with this lady, as she use to groom the dogs before my Mom did. Her boss took a hold of the topknot and chopped it off with the scissors, than asked the lady, "Is this short enough". Guess the lady never came back.

Comment

Bearmtn- I would have loved to have been there when that happened. LOL
                      I also have to put up with some of those clients.

I do not give refunds if it is a couple days later. I will fix anything when they come to pick up the dog.
                      I had one poodle lady acusing me of doing something to the dogs tail 3 weeks after it was here. She told me "He wont hold it up, what did you do? Break It?"
                      I was like "WHAT?" I told her she was crazy

Comment

I would call the woman and tell her she'll also have to pay for the last groom if she wants her dog groomed with you again. Then you don't really lose out on anything, just have to deal with the grooming complaints. And, I'd grill the woman as to what exact length she wanted, maybe in comparison to your comb, so when she comes back you can put the comb on the dog and show her it's the EXACT length she asked for. Tell her too, that when she comes back to pick up the dog is when she needs to tell you to change something, otherwise it's the full price of a grooming to fix anything later.
                        Erin
                        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I agree with Erin she should have to pay for both grooms if she wants to come back. I would explain this to her when she dropped off in the morning. Once I did a standard that the owner would no show a couple of times and then by the 3rd time the dog was very matted it only had a miami clip so I would end up brushing out the matted pompoms once again. Well Last time she came in on the day after the missed appointment. I said I was over booked that day and could not fit her in. She started crying in the lobby and wouldn't leave-very strange woman. So I tell her the only way I can take her dog is if I can SHAVE it. Because I didn't have a hour to demat her dog, she agreed and I shaved the dog bald, head and all. Deep down I knew it was wrong, the head was matted and I did not have time to demat it. I hate the look of a shaved topknot. But Oh well she said it was ok. She picks up the dog and is like YOU SHAVED HIM! I said yes I did, that is what you agreed to when you dropped off. I told you I didn't have time to demat him so I shaved him, just like WE agreed this morning, remember. I really think this lady is senile, she has gotten in to 2 car accidents either when she drops off or picks up. I think it is that or she is taking too many prescription medications and should not be operating heavy machinery! Anyways she never came back. SOB , TEAR lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                            I agree! Once when my mother was grooming she had just done a poodle and I guess she had done it really nice job, and the owner came back and said the topknot was not short enough. Well, I guess my mother's boss was fed up with this lady, as she use to groom the dogs before my Mom did. Her boss took a hold of the topknot and chopped it off with the scissors, than asked the lady, "Is this short enough". Guess the lady never came back.

I LOVE IT!!!!! I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                              raise her price more. have the dog on the table and clippers out when she come in and ask her if she wants more off. Tell her if she is not happy, now is the time and there are no more refunds.
                              That's what I would do too. And if the lady starts her complaining after this time, stick to your guns and tell her you won't groom her dog anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X