Nail painting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail painting!

I did my first nail painting today during a groom. I have only ever painted my own dogs nails so I was a little nervous. Any suggestions on painting nails quickly and efficiently? Also would painting just the tips look okay instead of the whole nail? Thanks!

that's not something I've tried on a clients dog yet...........I've done my own dog's nails, but that's it. Half the dogs I groom don't even like their feet handled, so I couldn't imagine trying to paint their nails.

Comment

I personally don't paint nails, but, if the dog is of a longer hair breed and has hairy paws sticking the nails through a pair of nylons keeps the hair out of the way.

Scott

Comment

I only have a few clients that like the nails painted, so actually I like to do it, it something different!
        I like to clip feet before the bath. Today I had a little toy pdl, I did her nails after the bath before I dried her, that way they were drying while I finished the fluffing. Usually I do them at the very end, this way seemed much faster.

good luck,
        sittingpretty

Comment

Ooo, ooo! I know, I know!

Crayola Gel Pens! They're non-toxic, come in a variety of colors, are low mess, dry quickly, come off fur with a little alcohol, and very quick and easy to use. They even work great on black nails! I bought a box of em a few weeks back (before I hurt my widdle self). Ill never go back to regular polish again.
          Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
          George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Okay where do you get the Crayola gels?, My baby girl always has a fresh pawdicure.
            ***Darlynn***
            ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

What About...

reguler nail pens? I've seen some I almost bought that have such a thin brush you can draw lines, ect on the nail. They're for people and I've seen them at drug stores. I think I even saw one that let you do heart. I'd have to look again. I was too cheap when I saw them so I didn't buy. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodle Mom View Post
                Okay where do you get the Crayola gels?, My baby girl always has a fresh pawdicure.

Darlynn..is that you ? LOL.

If so we are friends hee hee....

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                  Crayola Gel Pens! They're non-toxic, come in a variety of colors, are low mess, dry quickly, come off fur with a little alcohol, and very quick and easy to use. They even work great on black nails! I bought a box of em a few weeks back (before I hurt my widdle self). Ill never go back to regular polish again.
                  I'll have to try that!

Comment

Just tipping looks fine. I'll have to get some of those gel pens, that sounds easy but does it wear off quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by Poodle Mom View Post
                      Wal-Mart, baby! $3.87 for a pack of 10.
                      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Working...
                      X