Bichon progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bichon progression

I wanted to put all of these pics together in one post to make it easier for people to give me a critique. Once again, here is Buddy. The first pic is his first groom. Wherever he had been going had been leaving long ears and doing more of a teddy bear head so there wasn't much to work with. He also has a sparse coat. The second pic is after a year of me trying to grow him into a Bichon head. The last pic is from Sunday, after getting lots of advice on my other Bichon thread, I am really hoping that I'm starting to "get it". Starting from the Chin going up, as Pam described, really helped me. So please tell me what you think, how he's come along and what else I can do to further improve. I did not take any length off of the top of his head at all since it looked to me like it needed to grow some, though mom doesn't want it too long. I appreciate all the help and advice, hopefully you can see how it has helped me improve by you all taking the time to give me pointers.
    Attached Files
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I think he looks fabulous. The main problem I see with most otherwise good Bichon heads is that people leave too much length on the chin - similar to your first pics.

Comment

VERY NICE!!! I can't, for the life of me, get the ears on a Bichon to blend. HOW do you do it?
      Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
      Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Much much MUCH better!

Great! That looks pretty Bichonly! Much more correct looking, good job!!

Comment

wow beautiful job, I'm trying to get the heads down. soon I will try and post pictures so I can get valuable feed back. nice head!

Comment

By jove I think she got it! Nice progress!
            ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Very nice!

I think you got it! This looks much more like the Bichon style for sure. Everyone is just a little different in the way they set a ledge over the eyes or the way they scissor "up" the ears. This is the way I was shown by Heather Conlon in Scottsdale. then with help from Barbara Bird, I kept refining the way I do the head. Maybe it's not a show head, but for my pet owners, this is the they like it to turn out. Very round and those cute little eyes and nose where you can see them. Sort of a baby-doll face.

Comment

ooooh

so cute, he's adorable. I only have a few bichon's. They don't like their dogs in the recommended style so I don't get enough practice.

Comment

Very nice!
                  Great work!

Comment

Working...
                  X