For all the married groomers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the married groomers..

Do any of you out there wear your wedding ring while grooming?

I purchased a $30 band to wear while I was grooming. I was worried about my wedding ring getting dirty or banged up - even worse, diamonds falling out! So I purchased a cheap ring I wasn't worried about damaging. I then had a terrible experience of losing my wedding ring so I decided after I found it that I would always wear it to work. Another groomer I am friends with is amazed that I am wearing diamonds while grooming dogs. She thinks I am crazy!

So what does everyone else do? Am I the only crazy person out there?

i wear mine,but it doesn't have any diamonds and if i lost it, it would be an excuse to get another. we have swapped out rings over the years when we see something else that strikes our fancy. though, i have fished it out of the garbage on several occasions.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I certainly will NOT wear mine while grooming!

Comment

I don't.

After losing several small stones out of both my engagement ring and my band I decided it wasn't worth it to wear them while grooming. I have insurance through the jewelry store, so it doesn't cost me anything to have the stones replaced, but it's a pain to have to take them in and have it done. So, I basically only wear my rings on the weekends. I couldn't see buying a cheap band just to have something to wear, when my hands are wet and soapy I would worry about it slipping off. I guess during the work week, I look single! LOL

Comment

When I was married, I always wore my diamond without a problem. One of my friends always took hers off though. I think it's a personal preference. Mine never seemed to be in the way.

Comment

I had lost my other ring at the last place I worked at.Devastated!!! I knew it was getting loose and I needed to get it resized,just hadnt done it yet. So my hubby had the one I wear now custom designed,and its gorgeous,and I love it,and I told myself that I would never wear it to work.
            Well,its on my finger every day! Its a part of me,and maybe Im wierd,but I think,what if something happened to me,when I wasnt wearing it,and I was dead without my wedding ring on. Sounds kind of morbid as Im saying it,but hey,thats how I feel!!

Comment

Never been married

Never married, but I did have a promise ring once. My boyfriend at the time let me pick it out and I chose something I thought would be grooming friendly. It was a band with princess cut diamonds in the band. That way there were no prongs I'd risk damaging and no way the diamonds would fall out. It held up well.

Comment

When I first started in this field, I worked at a kennel/grooming facility.

I wore my wedding ring (7 marq. diamonds) and I lost a diamond (one of the small ones) at work. LUCKILY, I found it later that night in my pants pocket!!! Had it fixed and they tightened all my prongs. 6 months later the largest stone in the middle went MIA. Never found that one :'( Now it sits in my jewelery box (with it's missing diamond) with all my other rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. I will never wear anything that means anything to me ever again.

It's not a matter of IF it will happen, but a matter of WHEN!

Comment

I used to wear mine to work and then put them into a little pouch I wore around my neck. I stopped doing it just because it seemed like a hassle, but when I move I think I may do that again because we'll be living in an apartment complex and I'm not so sure I feel as safe leaving them there. My husband and I had our rings handmade and they match, so they are not really replacable, and I'm very careful with them.

Comment

well i wear both (actually all 3) of my rings to work. i have a ring hubby gave to me for my birthday (2 hearts with small diamonds on it), my engagement ring and my wedding ring. all 3 rings are flat bands with diamonds in them...no solitares or anything sticking up to get in the way. so im very happy with the rings i have and have never lost a stone in any of them.
                    Hound

Comment

Only my engagement ring has diamonds, and it has 7 total. I've worn it everyday since I became engaged in October of 2000. Every six months it goes to the jeweler to be checked for any loose prongs. I lost one of the small diamonds once, and it wasn't even while I was grooming. I was on maternity leave! So you can loose stones anywhere really. When I was working full time if I hadn't worn my ring when I was grooming I never would have worn it LOL. The solid gold comfort band mens ring I paid $500 for that was my husbands wedding band was lost when we went out to dinner and he was washing his hands and the ring came off. He now wears a $16 sterling siler (since it was white gold) band that he hasn't lost yet. I'm still ticked about his ring LOL. Not mad at him, just that I spent so much money on it, had I known, he would have just STARTED with a sterling silver band LOL.
                      My aunt has graduated from one ring to another, and has gone through about 6 rings now. Hubby thinks that's just wrong, replacing rings. I see nothing wrong with it LOL and wouldn't mind a different diamond in the center of mine. The one I have has quite a few flaws, but that is SO LOW on my list of priorities. LOL I've been wearing it so long now I rarely even look at it anymore, not that intent gaze of the newly engaged!
                      What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I only wear...

my wedding band and my salvation ring. My salvation ring is like a mother's ring with 5 small stones that "tells" the story of salvation. I have never lost a stone on that one, and will simply replace it if I do. But that is the only jewelry I ever wear. In fact, I have a friend that owns a business where he buys gold/silver and refines it himself. I just sold a bunch of chains and rings I never wear and made $350.00 off of it!! Beats letting it sit in a jewelry box!!!

Comment

Have always worn my engagement ring/wedding rings. Always will. I have them checked regularly by a jeweler. If I didn't wear them all the time they would get lost, eventually. If I had one where there was only 4 prongs, or very thin ones I might be a little weary.
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I have a nice, plain, simple band that was $25. I wear it every day and never take it off.

I am NOT a jewelry person. So, I'd never have anything with a nice stone set in it. I lose things too easily. But, if I was a jewelry person, I'd still wear it while working.

Comment

My diamond and my band are seperate, so I can wear one without the other. I usually just wear the band anyways. I will put the diamond on for a special occasion, but won't wear it in the shop...

Comment

Working...
                              X