No one wants to hang out with me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one wants to hang out with me.

I'm totally bummed. I keep trying to have groomer get togethers, and no one shows up. I had one succesful one, and it was great... everyone had a good time. I had saved my tips, so I paid for dinner and everything.

I invited 12 groomers to my favorite tea house tonight. Said they could come for dinner or just tea if they didn't want to buy dinner.

The two other groomers that work with me are going... I haven't heard from one lady...but everyone else called with some excuse, and no one's coming.

Why do groomers avoid each other? I haven't had one for about a year, and I thought, what better way to spend my birthday, than with other people who do the job that I love... So I planned it for today.

I've thought of trying to arrange for a seminar or something, but I don't want to bother if no one will show up.

I'm sorry what a bummer, but ya know, it's their loss really!

Happy birthday anyway

Comment

Id hang with ya if you were a little closer!! Have a Happy Birthday!

Comment

If its any comfort, it aint just groomers who stand you up. The last 6 dinner parties in a row I planned, every single person called to cancel at the last moment, well after the money had been shelled out for the food and the dinner was on the stove. The last time it cost me over $300 for 12 people to no-show on me. And its not like Im a sucky cook, either (shrug).

I dont do dinner parties anymore.
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I know what you mean. I don't understand why groomers don't try to get together. I am sure there are some who meet regularly. I was at a seminar in Aug. and one of the ladies said she was part of a group that meets something like every month or every other. That would be cool. Don't give up though. I'm sure there are others that feel like you do.

Comment

First, let me wish you a happy birthday!!

I'd love to come over and hang with you, but the drive is a bit far for my old car. Sorry to hear that no one took you up on your very generous offer.
            "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! I would love to have a groomer get togther, but groomers are for reason afraid you are out to steal their business, I only have 2 groomer friends close, and even then no getting together.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

happy birthday!!

And don't feel bad, it isn't just groomers it's EVERYONE! I was just home for 3 weeks and not one of my friends could be bothered to go out and do something, same for family. Even a guy I wanted to go on a date with we spent about 5 days canceling on each other cause one of us just didn't feel like it. When we finally did get together we sat at his house watching TV :P

Comment

Happy Birthday poodlestar!!
                  I feel your pain… I have a groomer friend on FB that didn’t even wish me a happy birthday last week. Anyhow I have been trying to get some folks in my town to get together but so far no one is interested. From the looks of this post we are not alone!!!
                  Try to have a good birthday!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I would absolutely love to set something like that up too, but never would for fear that no one would show. Kudos for you for trying. If you were closer, I would 100% have loved to come. Nothing is more fun to me than talking about dogs with other people who appreciate them. (Trust me, last weekend I had a little too much, ahem, fun...and talked someone's ear off all night about boxers. )What can I say, I am in love with my profession.

Comment

Originally posted by pugmug View Post
                      Id hang with ya if you were a little closer!! Have a Happy Birthday!
                      me too

Comment

What a bummer. I would have loved something like that. In fact, I'd love to have a groomer friend in real life. And I do love tea, fiercely.
                        That Tenacious Terrier!
                        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Happy Birthday!! I'm so sorry your get together didn't work out.
                          ~*~Robin~*~
                          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Might be a case of, well, after they work in a shop all day, they may not want to talk shop in the evening over food. Maybe they would rather just kick back, watch the tube or do something else instead.

Comment

In my experience, a lot of groomers choose to be with animals all day, b/c they prefer their company over most humans. Not everyone... But, a lot of us are like that. I know I certainly am...

Plus, in many circumstances, getting together with the competition isn't considered fun. I know that putting me in a room with the groomers right next door to us would not be a good idea. I don't like the way they try and take my dogs pretending to be me... I don't find them to be good groomers technically. And, I don't want to socialize with them.

It's the same way with my mother-in-law and her hairdressing cohorts. They just don't intermingle... It's business.

Comment

Working...
                              X